Aeroplane heaven electra

Lesson learned regarding purchase from simmarket.com. They dont refund but they state that before you hit the buy button so its all on me.

1 Like

Based on what? They just updated their Mk1a, why would they never update this?

1 Like

I was working on a Delta Airlines paint for the Electra, but since SU6 my windows are opaque. AH is telling me an update is coming November 1st which should remedy this (and maybe other things as well?)
jk9528 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk9535 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk9530 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

7 Likes

Great news, thanks Jan.

I got the Electra from ORBX so I hope they will update their store promptly.

1 Like

Entirely possible they reevaluated the release of the update and changed it to AFTER the SU6 release. So tgat foes not really bother me too much. Would have been nice to get sone ingo though. Their communication with customers is seriously lacking - Carenado is even worse though 

First of all I am no fan of simmarket’s practices and avoid them whenever possible. However I cannot really see the connection to AH and anything related you describe. Where did you get that info?

I must say that after the release of the Electra, AH reactions to criticism, combined with the rather childish and unprofessional behaviour of the devs when they pulled the Spitfire after the Flying Iron Spit Mk.IXc release, my confidence is shaken.

Nevertheless the Spitfire is a good release and the C140 is very nice as well. They have been around for a while, so let’s hope they realised that the world is changing and they may have to change as well. 16 years ago there was no social media and no ■■■■ storms and we all know they are capable of producing quality products. So lets hope they change the guy responsible for communicating with the customer base.

I still hope for the best and look forward to the update.

2 Likes

I know that AH, for some reason, does not communicate about the Electra on this forum, but does anybody know if they’ve given any news in the past 10 days on when the Electra update will be released? The last I saw (on Facebook) they just mentioned that SU6 broke some things so they were delaying the update, but here has been no answer to the questions of when it will be released.

After the disappointing issues and AH’S lack of any constructive response to them, I contacted Orbx for a refund. Orbx said I needed to talk to AH first. There has been no response to my question submitted on the AH website. I told Orbx I would wait and see if the update addresses the issues, but I’m beginning to wonder how long Orbx will wait for me to decide if I do want the refund or not. This has been a good lesson to me to not buy anything without seeing reviews from trusted sources first. I just never expected this sort of fiasco.

2 Likes

These guys have done everything in their power to sink their reputation with this release. It just boggles the mind why they would self-sabotage, but
 then again, we have all seen Captain Sim’s plunge, so I suppose my biggest feeling with Aeroplane Heaven is disappointment. Disappointment with their lack of communication, with their justification of things that seem to not have valid facts backing them up, disappointment with their STYLE, in general. It could have all been SO much better.

10 Likes

But an update has just arrived!

Quick test on the update and I think it is an improvement, even the side windows open! Icing on the cake would be if the engine sounds were reduced slightly further when the windows were closed, but then I suppose sound insulation wasn’t that good on 1930s planes!

1 Like

When you request a refund from Aeroplane Heaven and the very next day after you’re blacklisted from simMarket including all your earlier purchases there, well if you don’t see a connection

3 Likes

The best thing for Aeroplane Heaven would be to start up again with a new name and a complete new attitude towards their customers.
But will they, no they just don’t care.

There’s a sound mod out for the Electra that lowers the volume down by 80%!

And still they say that they sell quality products.

1 Like

Wow, great news! Finally!

Can’t wait till it’s available at SimMarket 
 crossing my fingers.

Do we have a change log yet?

More detailed update info:
New updates are available for Aeroplaneheaven Electra 10A MSFS bringing it up to version 1.1

Additions :

1. Opening windows.
  2. Amelia Earhart record attempt version

Changes/ Bug fixes

1. Removal of toggle-able modern radios to a separate model set.
  2. Flaps indicator now coded.
  3. Mixture levers correctly animated.
  4. Brightened the wiskey compass ( this is a wiskey compass and is reading correctly directly from game raw data ).
  5. Added copilot weights to the payload manager.
  6. Right tail mapping issue resolved
  7. Added more degrees to the castoring wheel.
  8. added inop tooltips to inoperable knobs.
  9. Slightly lowered the right contact point to ensure that if you DONT move the empty CG weight it sits on the ground correctly. Please note that if you do change the empty weight position the weight distribution of the aircraft changes and this will have an affect on the contact points to the ground.
  10. Changed the direction of the flap switch
  11. Lowered the sounds by 8.21 db each sound. Should you still want the louder sounds they are packaged as a 7zip file in the main directory.
  12. Manual changed to reflect the changes in the radios section.

SU6

1. Tailwheel lock now works.
  2. The glass bug introduced with this update has been fixed.

PLEASE NOTE:

Due to the changes required to add further functionality to the sperry gyropilot, the Modern radio version is now a separate version. Therefore you will find 3 Electra 10’s in your Aircraft chooser window.

The Sperry Gyropilot is still being worked on but we felt it was important to get the update out now to fix some of the other issues.

This is what I expected and I got it, a pity it took quite a long time :slight_smile:
ps. no sound mod needed

3 Likes

Thanks for the change log. Could you please check also the following? (Orbx store is not showing a new version yet)

• is the ADF now working?
  • is the DME now working?

Thank you.

You mean that you used PayPal to get refund just for the Electra and as a consequence SimMarket closed your account entirely?

I am a bit confused when you say you got refunded all your SimMarket purchases via PayPal - that was after SimMarket closed your account due to the Electra refund?

What I recommend is you to request a refund from AH for something purchased at simMarket.
After you’re finished with the Aeroplane Heaven/simMarket experience, you won’t be confused anymore.

2 Likes

I have no intention to refund the Electra.

I just wanted to understand what exactly happened with SimMarket (I also experienced first hand their shaddy business practices but that’s another story).

I thought my question was quite clear. Nevermind if you do not want to answer.

Good for you, have a nice day.

The new update is good, I just wish they’d use one of the less-fancy looking Garmin avionics packages, the G3000 looks really out of place.

1 Like

You are probably aware that you violated their business terms (to which you agreed). So it should not come as a surprise that SimMarket did not have warm feelings towards such behavior.

This is from SimMarket web page:

We have a No Refunds Policy, all sales are final as per our Terms & Conditions to which you agree when making a purchase and you have no legal grounds for requesting a refund due to the intangible nature of digital downloads.

While I do not endorse their action of blocking the entire account (as I think there is always other ways of how to settle a dispute), I nevertheless think it is important to be clear about the facts.

5 Likes