Aerosoft Twin Otter baby!

i believed you - just letting you know so you can steer your friends to a lower price on the dev’s site. :smiley:

Well I am apparently an idiot. I bought it on Simmarket for 35E!

eh, 5E - don’t be that hard on yourself! :smiley:

Well the Aerosoft website has the Twotter at 29E.

But I accept your point that there is not the difference that I thought there was between the two planes. Thanks for clarifying.

I’m more into the jets but my AS Twotter is in a hangar only because of the sounds. It totally kills my enjoyment from the aircraft.

4 Likes

Everybody is happy with the Kodiak, so maybe I will get that plane after all.

1 Like

If you are on PC then I recommend buying from SWS site for 29.99 euro

The quality on systems, visuals etc are really high and the support from the developers are great

2 Likes

That’s right. Almost. Because it’s an indictment of a developer of this scale that you have to buy an add-on to enjoy a realistic sound. And the treatment of AS customers is characterized by forum ban and ignorance. They took my money and left me back with a semi-developed product.

This is the reason why I deleted my Twinotter from my hangar. Although it is a pretty nice plane.

6 Likes

Thanks. I am definitely going to buy this aircraft as I need something for small airports.

1 Like

So your objectiveness is compromised? :wink:

Just kidding.

I loved the Twotter when it first came out, and I still fly it occasionally. It just doesn’t stack up against other recently released aircraft in either features or fidelity, and you can’t assign a price tag to that.

I have the RWDesigns version of it for X-Plane, and the AS one is a pale shadow in comparison, other than its graphical representation.

1 Like

Despite all the frustrations and urge to compare the twotter with others, please keep this thread on topic.

2 Likes

Anyone bother testing the invisible spoiler behavior in the latest patch?

1 Like

Man, Milviz is my favorite maker of planes right now.

Their Porter has a remarkable feel in the air. A stable bush plane. Really a joy to fly every time I take it up.

If you ever wanted to compare the feel of a stock plane to a good payware plane, here is your chance.

But already having the Twotter and Kodiak, I just don’t fly the Porter that much. The Kodiak especially replaces it and seems like a newer, more civilized way to travel. And the Twotter seems like the more sensible option for the bigger jobs.

Now, on my radar is the radial Otter coming from MilViz, and the single engine, Turbo Otter (Totter). Both look like they will have all the bells and whistles of the MilViz 310, and if they stay true to MilViz form, I might not need to fly another plane in MSFS after they release.

Screenshot 2022-07-14 125934
Screenshot 2022-07-14 130038
This is the correct way to evaluate. The real beef against AS started when a modder got a take down order for copyright violation from AS for hyjacking 95% of the code they did not write.

i don’t know why you insist on going back to this specific well, over and over again.

marketplace rating does not denote quality nor does it denote how much enjoyment someone will derive from a particular product. you’re satisfied by the twotter, i am not. who’s right and who’s wrong? neither one of us.

aerosoft’s woes did not begin with their hamfisted handling of the modding community. it started when they released a product that didn’t live up their marketing hype. there are issues with the sounds to this day, they continue to struggle with the flight model, and their combative attitude towards their customers doesn’t help them.

11 Likes

How so? So potential buyers should rely on users with axes to grind? With false opinions? The marketplace rating of 4.2 DOSE denotes quality. Is the purpose of your opinion? Is to keep buyers from buying AS? Well its not working. 470 sales marketplace vs 390.

i’ll try to help you out this one last time.

apologies, i am not sure where you’re from but i will use an americanism here. let’s use mcdonald’s as an analogy. say you love mcdonald’s hamburgers. you go on a review site and give their hamburger a 5-star rating. are you actually proposing that your rating is a mark of quality and not just taste? all i am saying is, your 5-star rating on that hamburger might be a 2-star rating from me. does that make me a hater or someone with an axe to grind or is it simply i don’t care for their hamburger? does your 5-star rating mean the hamburger is the best hamburger in the world? this is where i think you’ve gone slightly askew.

i might be misreading your comment but i think you’re calling me a liar and i don’t appreciate it. aerosoft has clearly stated numerous times that they think the soundpack that released with the plane is substandard. they have not, to this point, delivered an acceptable replacement. those are all facts, not opinions.

they have consistently stated that they are trying to come to grips with the in-sim physics and they are still struggling with the flight model. again, facts not opinion.

they take a consistently belligerent tone towards their customers. in one post on their forum where their customers were asking about the lack of modeling in their fuel systems, the head guy berated the poster and even cursed at them. again, fact not opinion.

my only intent here is to have a discussion about a plane that has consistently disappointed me. if someone reads my comments and is dissuaded from purchasing the twin otter, i won’t be losing any sleep. but that’s not the point of my comments, unlike your many wrong assumptions about me.

7 Likes

“Sales”? That’s the number of reviews left, not total sales! Considering probably less than 0.5% of people leave a review (probably much less) the sales of units is much MUCH higher.

I doubt anyone could survive long in business if they only sold a few hundred copies of a product that takes months and many hundreds (probably a few thousand) of man hours to produce!

3 Likes

I’m talking about the marketplace stats. Was that NOT clear? Anyway… You cannot leave a review without purchase I like the marketplace rating system works well and is a good sample but of course the same crowd that will criticize the marketplace who are critical of the Twotter will hate the marketplace. <That is a good bet in Vegas.

The Kodaik is NOT a go anywhere aircraft.