Aerosoft Twin Otter baby!

I know theres some excitement about having a twin otter in the sim. Well, here’s some news on it boys:

https://fselite.net/news/previews-of-the-aerosoft-twin-otter-in-msfs/

18 Likes

This is really good news. I had the TO for XP, and was a fun plane to fly.

I think this was first mentioned back in September last year.

Looking at the wear and tear on that thing, it’s looking pretty sweet.

1 Like

Great. Another ‘must-buy’ on the way by the looks of things… Looks fantastic.

2 Likes

This is gonna be awesome. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

YVR(harbour)-YYJ(harbour) flights in the twin otter will be my first flights in this…

1 Like

as it has the same level of external textures as the CRJ we are screwed, that they dedicate themselves to fixing their CRJ and putting it completely well instead of continuing to extract money from people

1 Like

… well, that’s looking on the bright side. How would you know what they are doing with the CRJ at the moment? There’s not even a release date on the Twin Otter and the last updates in the Aerosoft forum were all about work on the visual model. So it’s perfectly reasonable to assume that they’re still working on the CRJ’s shortcomings.

well then let’s just say we have different opinions and expectations.

4 Likes

The camera zoom in mania to check rivets at pixel level is something very curious.
Rivet counters pretend to have all rivets at 4k resolution (per rivet) and the entire plane at 32k size.
Nice for 3090 owners, bad for all the other 95% people playing this game.
Aerosoft, the CRJ exterior is nice, thanks.

8 Likes

I agree. I would much rather have a plane that flies accurately and doesn’t have avionics issues or bugs, rather than a plane that looks perfect and doesn’t fly well or has issues. I couldn’t be more happier with the CRJ and I think the price is fair. I wouldn’t want to pay more for 4K rivets or FPS loss, because of how nice it looks.

4 Likes

I don’t understand what you try to say?

2 Likes

New pics! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Adventure calls. :+1:

2 Likes

So much fun flights to look forward to Barra,Lukla,Saba,St Barths

2 Likes

Yes because Aerosoft did this likely to reserve some of that stuff you wanted for performance reasons. You want quality then you get a performance hit.
There is the FBW A3NX with nice 4K textures but stutters like ■■■■ compared to the CRJ.

And the DC F-15 was ported over. Quality would have been better if they built it from the ground up.

2 Likes

This is going to be awesome….I’m looking forward to this beauty!

Just gonna put these here…

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155894-aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter/&do=findComment&comment=1040123

12 Likes

Awesome pictures. While it’s been 13 years ago since I was in BB (the front or back) I suspect a little wear and tear might be in order :). The main cabin didn’t look as clean as this, and never had all the seats fitted. Cargo, a ski-doo or three barrels of Avgas were the normal load… (Very) happy days.

15 Likes

There’s gonna be cargo options for the cabin as far as I’ve seen.

3 Likes