Aerosoft Twin Otter baby!

This looks amazing!

1 Like

This is looking great. A day one purchase for me. The Twin Otter should have been a base aircraft for a sim like MSFS, but I’m glad the gap is now going to be filled thanks to Aerosoft!
Next we need the Beaver and the Catalina!

6 Likes

Nononono, if this would be a default aircraft in MSFS we never would get the quality of this one. It would be as basic as a C152. I happily wait a bit and take the quality instead! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I am ALL SET on default quality aircraft. :wink: There is plenty of it already.

3 Likes

Very exciting to see this. Are they eliminating and replacing all the Asobo turbine engine logic and performance for this plane? All the turboprops I’ve tried to fly in FS are terrible.

My GUESS is their release will come shortly after the next sim update, which is supposed to start tackling the awful turboprop logic in MSFS.

1 Like

It might be a while longer - judging by their forum posts, they’re still working on modeling and texturing, which means there’s a way to go yet. But you’re right that release will also require fixes to the turboprop model - they’ve said as much. I’d expect it sometime this summer, but probably not right after sim update 4.

1 Like

Will the ILS work ?

why souldn’t it?

10 Models of the Twotter confirmed! Amd new pics:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155894-aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter/&do=findComment&comment=1042674

7 Likes

It’s shaping up nicely.

Wakey wakey. New footage on the twin otter was just released, seems to be in alright shape - some of the gauges appear not to be functional right now. The footage can be seen in their Antarctica scenery trailer.

https://youtu.be/bOR6kptFndQ

3 Likes

That really is quite some stunning scenery they have developed.

This would be a great place to develope a mission pack for.

12 Likes

Looks fantastic. If they can get the aero, systems and engine logic perfect, it should be really popular!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Aerosoft have hinted at release “after SU6” because it includes features needed by this plane.

5 Likes

Looking at the SU6 release notes, it seems they refer to “turboprop condition lever implementation” and possibly “new table for jet engines fuel flow vs altitude tuning”. These are the only things I can see for turboprops. But I thought the condition lever was already working fine.

I use low idle for taxi in the Caravan. It seems to work as I would expect it to, having better control over my speed, and not having to rely on my brakes.

1 Like