After AAU1 - Do I need GNS 430/G1000 NXI from the marketplace?

Hi guys,

do I have to download these two from the marketplace for the new features?

Or are they part of the base sim anyway?

2 Likes

The new features are shipped with AAU1 but you still need GNS and G1000NXi installed. The latter because it was not part of AAU1, while WT state that “the final revision of GNS redirects planes using the original GNS units to the new ones shipped in AAU1, allowing users to use them in any plane. This should be the last Marketplace update of the GNS.”

1 Like

As said above…

There are several 3rd party planes that haven’t updated to natively use the G1000NXi. The marketplace mod forces those planes to use it instead of the old, stock G1000.

Same deal with the GNS package. Currently, only a handful of Microsoft planes will natively use the new GNS. Others will use the default GNS. This mod forces them to the new GNS until those planes are updated to use the new WT GNS natively.

So whether or not you need those mods installed totally depends upon what planes you fly. But it’s likely just better to leave them installed until such time they’re no longer needed.

1 Like

When I installed the latest 1.30.12.0:

In the Content Manager I could upgrade the : GNS 430W / GNS 530W

But the Garmin G3000 & Garmin G5000 were not there so I suppose they are part of the core update?

And if the plane you want to use has the G3X in it, or the plane uses a 3rd party Autopilot that wasn’t designed to use the new tech of the WT GPS’s they won’t work, in which case your best bet is to uninstall at least the Marketplace WT530 and use the PMS530 until they are fixed.

For instance, the Milviz 310 and PC-6 are being updated to use the new tech, and the RV-10, which uses the G3X, if you use the WT530 for the its installed 430, then the G3X and 430 won’t talk to each other (while the PMS530 works fine with it).

There may be other issues/concepts, this is what I’ve derived so far from developer discussions.

The DC-,3 a 2nd(?) party plane, needs the GNS add-on else it will continue to utilize the old non-WT iteration.

This surprised me. I was, wrongly, under the impression that MS aircraft would use the WT GNS by default.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.