After Closing MSFS2020 Task Manager Still Shows Memory Usage

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC Version

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store Version

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
After closing MSFS202 task manager shows no CPU usage but still memory usage.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

This has been happening to me recently as well. After closing MSFS an icon stays in my Windows Taskbar until I run Task Manager and close it out. I seem to have narrowed down the problem to something to do with VR since it only happens when I have been playing in VR and at no other time. I have shut down all add-ons and emptied my Community folder.

I use
Windows 11
Reverb G2

I am glad I’m not the only one with this problem but I would really appreciate some advice.
As a hint, it seems to have started when I began using the new OpenXR Toolkit but I have de-activated it and even uninstalled it and the problem persists. Some persistent bit of conflicting code perhaps?

2 Likes

Me also, sometimes I cannot open game after close down as I get a game already running, Reverb G2 VR player

Same Win 10 Reverb G2, also running Open XR toolkit,

Next time it happens choose “Create dump file” in task manager and submit it to Zendesk.

Same for me too - hadn’t made the VR connection, but you may well be right, as I do use VR, but not all the time and the issue doesn’t happen every time.

Since Jan. - Feb. 2022 I am routinely experiencing the same issue with MSFS not fully closing. It does require ending the task in Task Manager.

Windows 11
Reverb G2 VR
OpenXR Toolkit

Just to narrow it down a bit:
Is there anyone here experiencing this problem who has NOT installed OpenXR Toolkit?

I have the same issue, after closing MSFS , it only occurs when I hit the red cross to close MSFS window
as mentionned above MSFS is still running in the task manager
it does not happen when I close it by using “quit to desktop”
and I don’t use “openXR toolkit”

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.