After last update, loading screen stuck!

Hi

Today when i come to start my sim, the loading time was so long without getting teh game start menu, only very long loading times, i restarted so many times but nothing help, i get these warnings too…

I’ve updated my sim last day to the last version…

Plz help!!!

1 Like

Looks like you didn’t play for several months ?
I think you need to launch the Xbox games installer and sign in and install the updates from there. it’s likely that you have a lot of updates to install before being able to play.

1 Like

I had the same problem after the latest update from December 22, 2020. For me, only a complete reinstallation helped. It’s very annoying, but what the heck … a fresh installation isn’t bad either.
Good luck … Merry Christmas

1 Like

I had the same problem, some users suggested it might have something to do with your internet connection being unavailable… a couple of restarts did the trick for me.

1 Like

I just had this issue. After 3 failed attempts, I came to these forums. Someone suggested that the “Community Folder” be emptied. I tried this, and the sim started just fine. Then I added the contents of my "community Folder back and it jams again. So, it seems we have to go on a little hunting expedition and find out which file(s) are causing this issue. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi all and Merry Christmas. I have had an issue twice recently where a an update has commenced and then frozen before the end. No amount of restarting the PC/MSFS helps and the update refuses to go beyond that freeze point. My solution on both occasions has been to search “Microsoft Flight Simulator” in the task bar search panel and from the resulting window, select “settings” from the right pane. I tick both “repair” and “reset” from the options. “Repair” on it’s own doesn’t seem to do anything for me. I the start the game and it reinstalls major components, updates and loads the game. Personal details and log book etc are still present. I then go to Content Manager to reinstall all of the extras. While this process is annoying and time consuming, it is not as traumatic as starting from scratch by removing everything and/reinstalling Windows. I have seen no mention of this process in this thread so maybe it will help some of you. Good luck and Happy Flying for 2021.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.