After patch A320 left engine starts, then dies, won't start again

I can’t believe this patch was ready like 10 days ago. And the test team tested this version for like 10 DAYS, at least. And they were unable to detect these bugs ??? it’s unbelievable

7 Likes

I may have a workaround.

Start one engine at a time. Fired up 1 - let it stabilize then fired up 2. Turn off the APU and throttle up and down. I have done that on two flights and Engine 1 stayed on the whole flight. However, the MFD blanked out on final on one and mid-flight on the other but I can’t expect to not hit any of the other bugs they somehow missed.

Edit: this doesn’t consistently work. Might have just gotten lucky. I’d say hesitantly it works more often.

2 Likes

Happened with me mid air, I thought “ah, now we have random failures as well? cool!” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice… 2 H patching and now unflyable… GJ

After a minute or two of turning off APU, engine one dies forever.

A friend of mine uses AI help and it crashed, it seems that AI tries to turn on that engine and crashes.

Please report these issues via Zendesk too: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We can’t wait another month for another patch to fix this. The more people submitting reports, the more likely it is that these issues will be fixed.

You can restart it normally. Power the APU back up and turn on the bleed. Engine One Master Switch Off. Engine Mode Selector to IGN/START. Engine One Master Switch On. I can confirm that this works on the ground anyway.

1 Like

I thought this too - it sometimes works.

For me, no matter if I try to manually restart the engine with APU ON or if I ctrl-e it, it will not restart.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same issue, it’s a shame I can’t uninstall the patch as the sim was working just fine for me prior to the “fix”

Turn off left fuel pump and turn on cross feed and it should work.
It seems to be a left fuel tank issue.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Looks like you are right. I just tried it a third time and it didn’t work. N2 stops spinning up at 25% and N1 is at 1%. Tried cycling pretty much everything and couldn’t get it to restart.

EDIT: I’ve tried several times now and can’t restart. I can’t get fuel flow to Engine 1, so it won’t ignite. Tried using cross feed, but no luck there either.

but then the left fuel tank will be heavier than the right, that causes a fuel imbalance

I don’t think so if the cross feed is open there shouldn’t be an inbalance.

Hmm. Even with cross feed, I can’t get the engine 1 to restart. No matter what I do, I can’t get fuel flow above 4 psi, so the engine won’t ignite. Are you using the ANX mod or the default airplane?

If it turns off you are dead. I’m using the A320NX not sure if the default has xfeed properly working.
Another thing to try: Keep the APU on, don’t turn it off after starting engines.

Yeah, keeping the APU and APU Bleed on prevents the bug. Ok, I was thinking you were using cross feed to restart Engine 1 after it shut down. I’ll try switching to cross feed once the engines are running and see if that keeps Engine 1 going after I shut down the APU. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue.

Turn off the left fuel pump before opening the xfeed valve. Or just keep the APU on the whole time :wink:

This is now listed as a known issue.

4 Likes