After patch A320 left engine starts, then dies, won't start again

Hi folks,
as a workaround … you must not turn off the auxiliary power unit, then power unit 1 continues to run normally.

LOL. What a solution…

Glad to see the mod community pinpointed the bug but sadly they can’t fix it themselves, so we will have to wait on an official patch by asobo. As for the APU workaround, though no realistic, I’m just glad there is a workaround that makes it flyable while we wait on a new patch.

3 Likes

yep no overhead buttons work except ext power.

Im doing a test flight right now, I have yet to run into the overhead issue, but the engine workaround seems to be holding up

Why are you in a Co-pilot? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just naturally have come to like the co pilot seat, im right handed and my joystick is situated to my right side, so it seems the best seat for me :smiley:

2 Likes

indeed it makes sense bro ahaha :smiley:
Im sad because i cant fly my A320 now.,…my Batteries dont turn on after the patch…they should release a hotfix, or we have to wait until the next patch? is not fair …

1 Like

And you are also trying to be humble being just a FO rather than a captain :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahahah, honestly im always the comandant ahaha, but yeah i will be the co-pilot and then with hours and hours of fly i will be aproved to be comandant ahaha

Well, It has been just about a month now, and in all honesty all the hipe was for a VFR flight sim!!! I am an IFR pilot and this thing, and I do mean thing! Is not cutting it. Good try Microsoft but Prepar3D and X-Plane, this simmer is on the way back until the FS team could figure this thng out in a year or two, which is what it they should have done in the first place.

My hat’s off to the team for an excellent job on the seneries they are simply spectacular, the best I have ever seen in a simulator, the best recourse now is to take off the Jetliners, until they work properly with the sim, but leave the GA aircraft because they are fun to fly VFR!

i hope they release a quick patch for this, this is just sad

1 Like

I just did multiple flights on the A320 after the patch. While I did experienced some issues with the overhead panel not working and engine 1 cutoff before even beginning to taxi. I didn’t experience any of the bugs anymore since I reinstalled the A320NX mod.

Just keep APU master and APU bleed running, and the engine will be fine. My auto-land also works, and this time, it actually does AP 1+2 Cat III. DUAL.

Even though the AP 1 + 2 can’t be activated by pressing the button. Sometimes it engages together upon cruising or when capturing the ILS localiser and glideslope.

2 Likes

I usually handfly landings, how does autoland work, does it flare well?

A320 Mod from flybywiresim ?

it flares well 90% of the time. Depending on how you set up the VAPP speed, weather conditions, etc.
sometimes I help it a little by giving it an assisted auto-flare myself by pulling the stick back slightly, just enough for the pitch to start moving but not too much that it disengages the AP.

But the flare only works in tandem with the thrust retard. You retard too late, the auto-land won’t have enough time to flare. You retard too soon, and the plane will flare too early and it’ll float before touchdown a little hard.

But practice auto-landing enough, and you’ll get to work with the auto-pilot a lot better over time.

I’ve been flying the A320 pretty much on CAT III auto-land every time. If I find things don’t quite work as well, I try slightly different things in the instrument, until I find the sweetspot.

1 Like

that’s right. The one from Fly By Wire sim. I like it because the FMAs are accurate, and we get to do the seat belt DING… I couldn’t fly the A320 without it.

2 Likes

OK… Do you use the offiziell Release or the Develop edition?

where is the official website/forum thread that I should go to download the mod and see the change log?

EDIT: looks like the github page is it https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

I like playing it safe, and just use the stable version.

I removed all my Community folder before I did the patch. After the official patch is installed, that’s when I move my community folder back.

The reason for that is I don’t want the patch to mess anything with the community folder, so I had to keep it safe while the game patches the “official” contents, and restore the mods afterwards.

1 Like