After patch A320 left engine starts, then dies, won't start again

This happened to me with the ECAMs but they weren’t broken, they just decided to turn the brightness all the way down. I was able to reactivate them by turning the brightness dial all the way down and up again. Didn’t stick for too long, but at least it’s something if it’s a screen you really need to see.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember this… But it doesn’t seem to be isolated with the A320. It happened to me too in the 787 where it suddenly went haywire and either switches some of the lights off or turn some other lights to maximum brightness all of a sudden…

In the A320 that’s how it was as well, sudden turn off of the PFD and whatnot. But that seem to only apply to ‘light/brightness controls’ Just turn it back and it should be fine.

1 Like

I only deleted the a32nx folder from the community folder before the patch as this is the only mod I currently use. I was told that the mod would not work after that.

And then I tried to fly without the mod last night. The left engine remains thanks to APU on … Batteries couldn’t be started which was fixed by a reload… but one hour later the sim just crashed without any error message or anything else.

I prefer to use this one, myself… reading github gives me more headaches since I’m not really a developer savvy. You can download it here too.

http://www.flybywiresim.com/changelog

2 Likes

does the mod still work after yesterdays patch?

Yeah, I’ve flown 3 full IFR flights using the A320NX mod after the patch.

I just had to remove the mods first before the patch. Then reinstalling it again afterwards.
Works just as fine as it was before, plus the patches introduced by Asobo, the one with the AP 1 + 2 works well with the mod. Instead of showing Cat 3. SINGLE on final approach. It now shows Cat 3. DUAL. which was awesome.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get it installed, not seeing it when i load the sim

Does it work with any of the liveries? I didn’t see the FlybyWire livery listed. Or do I need to use the default 320 to get the NX to work?

1 Like

Yea i thought it would be a separate aircraft from the default like the ZIBO mod

I used the Default before the Patch

I guess thats not the case, you just pick any livery on the default a320, the mod isn’t a seperate aircraft it works on the default a320

The A32NX mod replaces the default A320… (well more like “combined” with the default A320). So you pick the same aircraft. you can use any of the liveries that you installed too.

Appreciate your help.

The cockpit looks fantastic! But I’ve tried loading 3 flights and none of them mace it to the MCDU. Looks like I’m stuck doing bush trips for awhile.

I also got that issue the first time. I load an IFR flight plan, but the MCDU is blank, no waypoint, no destination.

So I just quit the sim, restart the computer, and start the sim again. The next time in, after I load the flight plan from the world map. They’re all preloaded into the MCDU. So I finished one flight, then I quit, and start another flight, and the flight plan is preloaded again.

I guess it’s just a one-off random bug that only happen the first time, then it’s fine the next time after.

This is usually my go to ‘solution’ when things don’t work the way it should. Restart the game, restart the PC. Hahaha.

1 Like

sure, for the ones, who just want to use the plane, it is a temporary solution, that works till they fix the bug :wink:

1 Like

Same issue

Yes, you’re right, I’m just disappointed in this bug. All of the Microsoft update have got bugs, and I pay a lot of money for this s**t.

2 Likes

Also the 747 & 787 aren’t flyable. The AP is very dodgey.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mark this as solved since there is only a workaround, and there’s still no definitive fix.

1 Like

Same issue for me unfortunately.