After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

So I have no idea what’s going on and what the variable is that’s causing this issue.

1st Flight - Salty mod 747 from KSDF to OMDB and all mods in the community folder. Over the ocean the performance started to degrade with dips into the low 20s. Approaching Dubai, my fps dipped into the teens and remained that way until around 2500’. After touchdown, fps improved back to normal.

2nd Flight - Using stock 787 from KJFK to PHNL with no mods in my community folder. Performance never appeared to degrade and remained constant. Flew to PHNL and turned around and went back to KSFO. No change and performance stayed the same.

3rd Flight - Using stock 747 from KSDF to OMDB with no mods in my community folder. Performance never appeared to degrade and remained constant. Flight had no issues.

4th Flight - Using Salty 747 mod from OMDB to KSDF with all of my mods in the community folder. The entire flight went fine with no performance degradation. Was really surprised to see this and it was after hotfix #2.

5th Flight (Currently on the flight) - Using Salty 747 mod from KSDF to EDDK with all of my mods in the community folder. The flight was going fine until over the ocean when I got the dips in fps again. Just got over land and my fps randomly dip down into the teens and jump back up to the 40s. Limited by main thread. CPU and GPU performance appear to be decreased. I’ve tried turning things off and back on again without any success of improving the sim. Will update when I land how things went.

One thing I will say for this last flight I tried. I saved my flight progress. Exited to the main menu without closing the sim and reloaded the flight. All seemed to go well and performance went back to normal

1 Like