After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

Yeah indeed we can only try things and this being a problem that shows after a couple of hours makes testing very tedious.

The developers are not connected with the users, not reachable and there is no real support available, you get a standard mail and if you reply it will take days for each interaction to get a vague answer back. We can only wait for the bi monthly sim update and hope for the best. Very frustrating.

5 Likes

Yes i had that issue too, but when i disable AI traffic i still have this problem after some hours so they are likely separate issues.

1 Like

POLL

How many of you have Your Controls in the community folder?

• Iā€™m affected, and use ā€œYour Controlsā€
  • Iā€™m affected, and donā€™t use ā€œYour Controlsā€

0 voters

3 Likes

what do you mean by ā€œYour Controlsā€?

It is a programm to fly with two people on the same airplane.

There was a issue in the past related to lowering performance just by it beeing installed, but itā€™s reported fixed a long time ago, I currently donā€™t have it installed at all but I get the issue all the same, itā€™s not related

True good point haha thanks.

It sucks that we have to take it upon ourselves to test this issue and offer support.
I think that this is a big enough problem to have an announcement/hotfix overā€¦

Yup I never fly ai traffic. And still get this issue.
I do, however, fly on vatsim, but people who only fly offline seem to have this issue as well so I doubt thatā€™s the issue.
Again, Iā€™ve been flying airliners for a while on this sim and only ran into this issue in the last few months.

lucky you, Iā€™ve had it pretty much since launch

ā– ā– ā– ā–  sorry man

Ok iā€™ve been airborne for 4,5 hours now and performance is good.
Only difference is i started from the runway and i didnā€™t put a flightplan in.

Now i will try to do a normal flight again.

I thank you sir for spending so much time trying to test this issue.
What plane are you doing this test with?

Just did 2 flights with the FBW - exp Version
No drop No Problem.

I remember that i had the LOD sliders higher when i had that problem. Also i had used HDR when it happend.
Right Now i didnā€™t had any drops since the Beta mid December and have flown about 50 hours
Only one time i had performence loss, and that was in the begining of 2022. when the Live weather was u/s

Maybe something to compare
Here my UserCfg.opt

Blockzitat
Version 66
{Video
Adapter ā€œNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070ā€
Monitor 0
Windowed 1
FullscreenBorderless 1
Resolution 2560 1440
FullScreenResolution 2560 1440
PrimaryScaling 1.000000
SecondaryScaling 1.000000
PrimaryScalingVR 0.800000
SecondaryScalingVR 1.000000
VSync 1
HDR10 0
Raytracing 0
PreferD3D12 0
PosX 0
PosY 0
}
{Graphics
Version 1.1.0
Preset Custom
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 8
Quality 1
}
{SuperSampling
SuperSampling 2
}
{Terrain
LoDFactor 1.600000
}
{OffscreenTerrainPreCaching
Enabled 1
Quality 1
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 1.200000
}
{Shadows
MaxSliceCount 4
Size 1536
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS0 0.100000
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS1 0.100000
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS2 0.100000
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS3 0.100000
OmniContributionCullingThreshold 0.020000
}
{HeightFieldShadows
Enabled 1
Size 512
}
{SSRaytracedShadows
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{Water
FFTSize 512
}
{VolumetricClouds
Enabled 1
Quality 3
}
{VolumetricLights
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{ReflectionProbe
Size 192
}
{SSR
Enabled 1
HalfRes 0
Quality 2
}
{WindShield
Quality 2
}
{SSAO
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{AA
Enabled 1
Type 2
}
{Bloom
Enabled 1
}
{DOF
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{MotionBlur
Enabled 0
Quality 0
}
{Buildings
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{VegetationLarge
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{VegetationSmall
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{TextureSynthesis
Quality 2
}
{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 1
Sharpen 1
Fringe 1
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 1
LensFlare 1
FilmGrain 1
Vignette 1
LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
FringeMultiplier 1.000000
}
{VectorDataTessellation
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}

Also i use only a small amount of Addons. 15 Folders at the moment.

Seen the FPS drop as well. Used to use Yourcontrol. Removed that since 2 days, and issue seems to be less. Not sure if it is 100% fixed as FPS still dropped on the ground (but an an fps intensive 3d party airport). Now going to test with HDR off to see if that has any impact.

BTW: in the yourcontrol discord they confirmed the perfomance issue is still present in the current release!

I5-10600K
32GB
1 TB M2 SSD

I want to fly myself so i donā€™t have a choice :wink:

I had the problem with the FBW, but later i tested with the default A320 and the problem was the same. As i donā€™t really like the default plane iā€™m now flying the FBW again. Yesterday i had this problem during multiple flights which ended with terrible stuttering and 40ms ā€œMainthreadā€.

So today i decided to start flying without flight plan and both 4 hour flights (one with empty community folder) to nowhere didnā€™t have any performance loss.

So now i started a flight from the Netherlands to southern Spain (Simbrief route) like i did yesterday to see what happens (only thing i didnā€™t use today is the better pushback tool).

Maybe itā€™s a server dependant issue that causes lag on the main thread? Who knows?

3 Likes

I just did an hour and twenty minute flight in the FBW 320, and I only lost about 2 fps which is better than the 15 fps I was losing on 2 and a half hour flights.
For me, it seems to do with the length of the flight, but it also seems to be pretty random.
I wish theyā€™d at the very least comment on this issue.

do you have any results yet?

This problem has literally ruined the experience for many simmers. To not have any response from those in charge is just wrong. Many of us, as has been said, enjoy long haul flights and this problem of loss of fps and and finally having the screen freeze has prevented me and many others from using the sim. I could only hope that someone in charge would address and acknowledge that there is a huge problem with the sim.

4 Likes