After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

Happens to me again. now flying at 80 fps with RTX 3080, an international flight over the sea, after 10 hrs flying, fpsdrops again to 10 fps with limited by maithread.

2 Likes

Is it possible that there is some throttling happening, not specifically heat, but by

• power draw,
  • windows / bios powermanagement,
  • faulty sensor on MB
    ?

Cheers,

DOnt think so, temps no go over 50 C so its that really cool , memory i have 64 gb, 52 remains free. cpu, never reach more than 50% so its weird.

1 Like

Ah, i was refering to the CPU, because of limited by main thread. from the screenshot the CPU looks 34% occupied at 4.14Ghz. Could you switch to that view and show the individual cores?

Also leaving out any temps, as throttling can be influenced by other factors.

I have the same issue. Performance drops after 1,5 hours inflight. CPU drops at 15% and GPU at 30%.
But its a random issue. I don’t know if it’s related to online real traffic or a server connectivity issue or another thing.
I’m testing now dissabling online traffic.
I only fly FBW A32NX and Aerosoft CRJ airliners.

2 Likes

What version are you guys using Microsoft Store or Steam?

1 Like

Initially the problem went away after I turned Live Weather off. But I’m getting the same issue intermittently now.

I’ve tested lots of different scenarios and the GPU throttling does seem random.

However if i re-load the airplane model in-flight in Dev mode the FPS goes back to normal? Does this point to a memory leak somewhere?

I’m on disk version , my temps are also cool
CPU is in the late 50 degrees,gpu 62 degrees
2080 super gpu
10700k cpu
850w psu
32 gb of ram
Windows 11
Frames capped at 40 now, did a flight last night and I think I found my solution using the FBW development mod, the performance syncing in the EFB was tanking my frames so turned it off and frames stayed steady 40FPS
So that looks like it’s fixed it , see if that helps

1 Like

what is performance syncing in the EFB? Cannot find it and I think I have the same issue. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi there, yes I came across it by chance
If you turn on the EFB there is a tab on the left of the screen sowing various menus
One is performance:
It syncs your speed the KIAS on the PFD and also it syncs the distance to the next waypoint
If you press these buttons the frames just drop straight away, conversely if you click them again the Frame rates shoot back up
I don’t really use the EFB except for navigraph and by requesting jetway etc
In actual fact I don’t turn it on now as I can do all that in the menu bar at the top of the monitor screen on the drop down lists

Try it to see if it resolves your problems on the FBW it wasn’t happening on any other aircraft, because of course they don’t have an EFB

Hope it helps you like it did me

1 Like

See my post

My frames drop with no mods loaded as well and I am using MS Store version.

Can some of you guys try and see what happens when you disable ATC or set the frequencies right from the start so that you won’t get any ATC at all?

Yes there is a post already about this which is some sort of bug although it happens on flights longer than two hours
Are you getting it straight away or after a couple of hours?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Yes, but it does not make a difference. with or without addons in the community folder.
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
To view the FPS I use developer mode for the purpose of the screenshots provided here.
Brief description of the issue: MSFS start initially normally with normal FPS, but then after 2 minutes after loading a flight, locks solidly to 10 FPS, no matter what graphic setting low or ultra, with and without addons in the community folder. This is ridiculous, no matter what I try the problem persists.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Load up FS2020 Problem-free initially, load up at any default airport , in any aircraft, Initially 25-40FPS Id say maybe more, and then instantly drops to 10 FPS and locks up a solid 10 FPS , No setting or anything helps. Doesn’t matter on the ground in the air, it’s the same. It’s Unplayable.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel i7-10750H 2.60GHz, RTX2070 Max Q Design 8GB, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store Version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No.

I think we all have this problem, I don’t have drops in fps but a lot of begaiment after 4 hours of flight, it’s painful. Hope asobo will speak to give us more details or solution

Isn’t 93 degrees a little hot?

Try to go back to Nvidia driver 466.77. It solved some issues here with low fps.
The newest driver isn’t good and people have many problems with other games, too. Just take a look at the Nvidia forum.

As NFGoose said, your graphics card temp looks a bit on the high side. Not sure that alone would cause it to lock at 10fps but certainly needs looking into.

I’m not familiar with CPU’s that have built in GPU’s as well but I notice from your screenshot the intel one is using 7%, are you sure it’s not somehow switching to that for the sim. Is it possible to disable the CPU’s inbuilt graphics in the bios so it’s only using the 2070?

1 Like

Max Q seems appropriate, somehow.