After SimUpdate 5 & 6: Kepler GPUs with mesh/coast bug

But not entirely. “enable water flattening” addresses the mesh issue…but in the GPU’s time frame. Many pop-ins to get it about 95%. I live in a heavily wet area (lots of small ponds and streams) so it has a lot to sort out. …in it’s own time. Not holding my breath that this ever gets resolved.

Not quite sure I understand your post. Do you mean that disabling water flattening increases GPU usage, and it takes a while for the mesh issues to disappear? If the water flattening is automatically disabled (that is, before loading into a flight) I imagine that such an issue would not be present with the scenery loading correctly from the start.

A video showing what you mean would help. I haven’t seen anyone else say that disabling water flattening is not a good solution, except for the fact that it doesn’t stick of course.

I confirm that since SU6 for me (gtx 760) the workaround doesn’t work entirely

I didn’t say it wasn’t a good solution. If you re-read my post, I said it was only about 95% effective FOR ME. My guess is that “water flattening” occurs after the fact…after the scenery is loaded for the flight. Making this option “stick” would only eliminate the need to do it manually with the same results. I guess we’ll never know until Asobo tweeks the developer mode. I haven’t tried cashing my local scenery or saving the flight and reloading instead of starting over….might work. Anybody?

Is this getting any attention by the dev team? Can someone post the actual defect in the bug reporting software? Thanks,

It looks like our problem has been fixed.
Congratulations.

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed it yesterday evening on Iceland and just confirmed it with s short test flight in Sweden where there are a lot of lakes. This bug has been fixed in SU7!

I can confirm, so far it looks like it has been addressed.
Thanks everyone for reporting. Three greens! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Confirm for me too (gtx 760)

Closed as confirmed by multiple comments in this thread as fixed in SU7