After SU 11 (update): often heavy stutters on approach in the dark

Since the latest update several times now I have experienced heavy stutters at approach.

One time it was with the approach for Rome LIRF rw 34R when Fiumicino is at the left at early dusk.

The next day I did the same flight but arrived 1h earlier and all went smooth.

Last week I did a flight to Naples LIRN rw 06 at early dusk and everything went smooth.

Just now I arrived in dusk and the stutters began when flying over Naples.

The framerate has been fixed to 30 + DLSS3 so the framerate seen is 60. DX12.

I paused the sim and turned Vsync off. The lowest fps I saw was 48 with stutters like it was 5 or so.

My pc is high end ) 13900kf @ 5.8 / 4090 / M2 )

With SU10 I have done a lot of approaches at dusk or at night to major hubs over large cities and never experienced this.

At Avsim multiple people stated that they are having the same stutter issues.

I have been getting those with the latest beta as well. Never really had them at all with official SU11.

As a side note, over all there are A LOT more stutters and pauses with this beta. Performance in terms of FPS seems somewhat lower as well.

2 Likes

same here, with unchanged settings from SU11 Beta, now stutters on take-off and landing where I reliably did NOT have stutters before. FPS are similar and OK, but these stutters break the immersion, in particular when flying exclusively in VR. My system is no slouch with a 3080ti/12700 using a HP G2. Something has changed and it is not my settings…

Could not agree more, although now that you mention it I’m going to try again without any form of traffic going. I’ve been using PSXT a lot lately and as great as it is, it does tend to increase the pauses and stutters due to the position updates.

Wonderful - I was hoping SU11 betas would have better performance - not worse…Hope this is not the last beta update before release…I just tweaked (again) to get back to something that is acceptable (but not as good as SU10 was)

Well, using PSXT (inserting traffic) does not help anything but even without any traffic injected there are still more stutters than SU11.

The overall frames are down as I said. Without traffic where I was getting 60+ at alt. in the official release I am now getting between 50 and 55 in the same aircraft.

Okay maybe I’m not going crazy then either. I’ve had two flights on this beta and had crazy stutters into both EKCH and LOWI at dusk. I fly into these two A LOT and haven’t experienced stuttering like this before. Both caused me to bounce along the runway. (3090 w/ 5800X3D).

Going to remove the beta tomorrow and see if that changes anything.

1 Like

Same here. I have buttery smooth performance at my settings, no stutters. But on approach, it’s essentially guaranteed at this point. I mostly fly at night, so I don’t know if it’s true for daytime approach.

Same here. I got stutters during approach in KBOS and departure in PANC. I also found Fsrealistic is not appropriate with this new beta build. I got 2 CTDs with Fsrealistic which was indicated in Windows Event Viewer.

This weekend I am going to make several TestFlights to Naples and Hamburg.

Naples and Hamburg were always smooth for me on my high end system.

I have a vid of flying over Hamburg shortly before the final approach in the dark and it is completely smooth.
So it has been possible to fly smoothly in dusk/night.

I will post back my results here

Like wise. Game comes to a halt on approach at night. Ive been enjoying the game lately but this new release has taken the game backwards.

What i don"t understand is why they take 1 step forwards and 2 step backwards on each release. Its frustrating as hell

1 Like

Stutters are reported for both SU11 and SU11 beta update

Things to try :

• HAGS off - Unfortunately with Off the framerate generator slider in the menu does not work correctly ( 4000 series gpu )

• PG cities in general Disabled ( Italy also has PG cities)

• lowering building / trees texture resolution

• MSFS exe running at priority High

Same here, sometimes very hard, most short before landing - but i am not on SU11 beta just the “normal” SU11.
cheers :wink:

After the latest beta I have had two bad issues today in VR. Really bad wobblies using motion reprojection, even when the glider is not moving on the ground (trees on the skylines wobble for no reason). It was so bad I had to turn off MR, but even with settings that give me over 90fps in my G2 headset (that is, over its native refresh rate) I was getting awful stutters at 1,000’ or lower over rural terrain. This with a 5800X3D and an RTX 4090. I thought maybe it was just server issues but it seems it’s more than that.

2 Likes

I’m on Su11 beta and its performing the best I’ve ever seen on my system.

Ryzen 3700x and 2070Super with 32GB 3600mhz ram and at 1440p. Latest Nvidia drivers and with geforce experience freestyle filters.

I only fly GA though, usually the SWS Kodiak, milviz 310 and Justflight Arrows.

I’m not seeing any stutters day or night.
I’m using FSRealistic and Fsltl as well.

Maybe its due to one of the 3rd party planes or addons you are using?

Could you try a 2h flight in dusk/night and land on Naples LIRN ?

Myself I just made a short flight take off and landing at LIRN and all was perfect.

It might be that longer flights in study level ac might be an issue.

The same Addons as before. And starting at those airports shows a good franerate.

It is like the longer the flight takes the more stutters on approach ….

the 4xxx series is new and the 90 powerful enough to even swamp your 13900kf so I suspect at night there’s just not enough “stuff” going on to keep it busy… And although Microsoft/Asobo probably have already made some balancing adjustments for your gpu daytime, it’s possible they haven’t got around to the hours of darkness yet. My tip is tune for the conditions you fly in most and raise/lower what you need to for other times (but test again in daytime too). Hardly ideal but the experience is sure to help for future updates etc.

There’s many posts on that topic already, well before SU11, sounds to me like it’s some sort of memory leak that builds up over time.

I rarely fly more than 2 hours in one stint so I’ve never seen that problem. And as I said, I mainly fly GA aircraft which are a bit easier on system resources than the complex airliners.

1 Like

What are you using to frame rate limit?