After SU12 stuck on searching for updates with more than 1025 Items in OneStore Folder

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

searching unlimited Time for updates

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

yes

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

with and without Community, in Safe and Normal Mode

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I9 13900K, RTX4090 Asus Tuf, 64GB DDR5 Dominator Ram, 2x Samsung980 NVME M2 2TB, 1xWD Black NVME M2 500GB, Aourus Master Z790 Motherboard

Build Version

#latest SU12

when you first started experiencing this issue:

after SU12 update in XBox-App

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hey there, @RuffelH84. You didnā€™t say in your post, but have you rebooted your PC? I realize that sounds like an overused troubleshooting step, but there are issues here and there with the MS Store app that can be corrected with a simple reboot. If you havenā€™t give, it a try and see if this endless ā€œsearchingā€ disappears.

Hereā€™s a link to a Support article that may apply as well. HTH.

yes try that multiple Times

2 Likes

This screams ā€˜internetā€™ to me, I know the MSFS servers have been a little finicky these past few days but you should try a router reset anyway. Wifi too if applicable.

all other aplications working fine, all is up to date and the 400MB Launcher Updates is done, why should i have problems only with this update screen ?

Beats me! ā€¦ just that Iā€™ve had it before and a router reset fixed it

no, its not working, Sim searches for updates -.-

Any updates outstanding in your store library?

negativ, all up to date, this SU have destroyed my Sim, i thin a fresh install is the only solution

1 Like

@RuffelH84 have you anything in your community folder? Especially scenery

Im having a strange issue - 100% have tracked it down to 3rd party sceneries.

I can remove scenery - and the sim loads - then without changing anything - try to start the sim again and it hangs. I think there is a bug here somewhere as it pops its head up with or without other scenery files loading

Trying to load with and without Community Folder, in safe mode and in normal, nothing helps, deleted the Sceneryindexes and so on. So i dont think, thats the issue.

should work when in safe mode. Might be an old issue relating to the update screen. Try to log out of your windows ID - and try launch the sim - it should ask you to sign in again.

Thank you, tryed this, but no solution. :unamused:

Hallo RĆ¼ffel please go offline and than start MSFS, later in MSFS go online please try it.

how, you cant start the Sim offline, every time you try this, you must connect with your XBox Account. it seems to me, the problem is in the official Folder, without this, the Sim will install again, with the official Folder he search and search and so on.

I made a post about this in another section.
I tried the method above and it allows me to get the main menu, but Content Manager and the Marketplace store are not accessible.

• Waited up to 40 mins for it finish before stopped it
  • I have tried restarting the sim in safe mode, but it still stops there.
  • I checked for windows updates and updates in the Microsoft store.
  • I tried the work around when disconnecting from network to force the loading to move on. The sim loads to the main menu but the Store and Content Manager do not load.
  • I renamed my Community Folder, and the sim created a new one on the following startup.
3 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

update started and abruptly the computer re booted. After that the update did not resume. Circling on updates

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Afer watching a youtube video, I turned off the internet and once the screen showed option for offline more, I restarted the internet. Game started but still gets stuch on loading content

1 Like

Nope dont work, i have renamed my Community Folder, restart my PC several Times, deletet user.cfg and Sceneryindexes with same outcome, its stucked in the search for Updates Screen.

1 Like