After SU6, you cannot enter into some airports - The sim never ends loading the flight

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Normal mode
Brief description of the issue:
When loading a flight in some airports, the blue bar goes slowly to the right and stays at the top right without loading the flight. Happens to me in several airport, sometimes you can enter, sometimes not.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Look at the explanation
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Try to load an airport near a photogrammetry area
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Not relevant - This have been posted by other users at the AVSIM forums
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Without actually naming any of those airports how is MSFS supposed to troubleshoot ?

6 Likes

Yes, a list of airports that fail to load is necessary to corroborate.

1 Like

As most are telling you here, you really need to be more specific with bug reports. It is a big world out there :stuck_out_tongue:

I had this after WU5 right across Belgium. I found if I tried to enter any airport in Belgium it did a CTD on me. I resolved it by flying from outside in. I flew in from France to cache the area. After that I found I could load in at any point. Deleting your rolling cache file may help also if it is corrupted.

2 Likes

I tried to say it in the report. This problem is not related to any particular or to any specific airports. It happens with several ones, and sometimes I can get into that airport and sometimes don’t. Looks like it’s more related to airports located in areas where photogrammetry data has to be downloaded from the servers while loading up the flight situation.
Anyway, being said that, the airports I had trouble with are: KSAN (LatinVFR), KTMB (My Mod at Flightsim.to, mostly made with default Asobo assets, not complex), KTPF (VerticalSim).

1 Like

Does this happen only with Third Party airports, or both Asobo airports and Third Party?

1 Like

Default KSAN

Default KTMB

Default KTPF

1 Like

I’ve tried with third party airports (already mentioned), but at KTMB it happens with a mod made on my own which mainly uses default Asobo assets. Before SU6 all these airports loaded up normally in the sim. Also, sometimes the airports load up well, sometimes not, after SU6. If there’s an issue with a third party airport (not compatible), why sometimes it loads up Ok and sometimes don’t? (after SU6).
I don’t want to think anybody is saying that we all should only use default airports in the sim now, after SU6.
There’s a post at AVSIM related to this. I’m not the only one.

Please look here, for more details:

Hopefully somebody in the forum team could take note and check this inside.
Thanks

Post SU6, I landed in LVFR KSAN (no problems) and the following day I took off from there (one CTD after take-off, but loading the airport was ok)
I seem to be getting more CTD post-SU6, but this may also be related with the fact that I just upgraded to W11, or a combination of both.
Freezing when loading a flight from the World menu still happens to me from time to time, but if I reload MSFS and try again it is usually solved.

Thanks for your comment. That confirms that the issue does not happen all the time and it’s not related to a specific third-party airport.
Anyway, to me it’s not right that one requires more than 10 minutes to get into any desired airport, and it’s clear that the issue should be further investigated by Asobo.

I have the same kind of problem.When I try to load LFMN,the loading don’t stop.But it is not every time.I would say 4times on 5.But if I start at FLMD which is not very far I can land at LFMN,without CTD.

I have experienced the issue while loading a third party airport from the marketplace. After SU6 I bought LEPA and EDDB. When I try to load one of these airports my flight will not load. As it was described in the headline the laoding screen never ends. The loading bar is at 100% and nothing happens. I found out when I spawn on an airport around these ones and move my airplane (with V) to them I somehow force the sim to load smth. And then I was able to load both airports without issues. But after I restarted my PC the issue occured again. Im not sure if it is an issue by the third party developer or Asobo/Microsoft.

I don’t think it’s an issue with third party airports. Too many of them are having the issue described, and sometimes you can get in, sometimes not. To me, it’s something related to connection issues or to MS servers.

1 Like

Hopefully this helps accessing the problem and finding a solution. When I turn off all of the DATA CONNECTION components I am able to open successfully all of my third party airports. After the successful load I reinstate the DATA CONNECITON settings.

Doesn’t work for me unfortunately :frowning:
I disconnected all data connection and still have this infinite loading screen.

What is your LOD setting? I remember from long time ago that when my LODs were over 100 it would sometimes hang loading indefinitely.

This only happens to me at one airport when I have a particular (completely unrelated) addon installed. I read on another thread that the way to get around it is to reduce LOD to 10, load the airport and then put the LOD back to where you had it before. I tried it and it worked for me.

It’s a Pita but it’s a workaround for now.

Hi same issue mate check my topic on this

I have posted a link to this on my topic so everyone will vote on this bug

As far i tested it happens to default airport as i had did full reinstall of sim re-download from scratch with zero addon. Even in safe mode this happens.