After World Update 4 CTD

Here’s the event log. My graphics driver is confirmed as latest version. I will try reinstalling MSFS.
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 14-Apr-21 11:09:30 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-DOGDP9B
Description:
Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00007ff71dd2b6d2
Faulting process id: 0x4a70
Faulting application start time: 0x01d730f13c42e921
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 294ec4c1-8e97-444b-b953-d054bd1275b3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-DOGDP9B

bad_module_info
unknown
00007ff71dd2b6d2
4a70
01d730f13c42e921
bad_module_info
unknown
294ec4c1-8e97-444b-b953-d054bd1275b3
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

That is the Same Error I had. This Problem has something todo with your Pagefile. If one drive have not enough Storage for the Pagefile the Simulatir Crashes. It doesn’t matter if you install it on a different drive the cache files will be placed on your Eindows Installation drive.
So how much space do you have free?

@KraeheBube33532

In my case I have over 300GB free on my M.2 C Drive and the page file set to a fixed 32GB (matching my amount of physical Ram), with msfs2020 installed from Steam onto a second M.2 drive (D)

All usb devices either not connected or those that are are prevented from power saving in device manager.

A test fresh Win10 and latest NV drivers. My CTds happen no matter if I have my 9700K clocked or not clocked and my 2070 ti runs stock.

Hardware issue this ain’t.

If I dig the web deeply enough I’m sure someone will suggest that we must start our PC’s only using the index finger on the left hand to press the power button, whilst standing on one leg playing the flute ala Ian Anderson and then, only on a Wednesday. Guess what…

:wink:

Ps. I’m anxiously waiting for UK stock of 3090’s, just so that I can spend some more money to not be able to use this sim.

Sorry that I couldn’t help you maybe someone else

I jus did the update a few hours ago and MSFS now does a CTD every single time about 20 seconds into its loading phase from Steam. It all worked fine yesterday before this update. Any way to go back?

What is the best way to get help on this?

I just figured out my particular CTD issue if it can help anyone else. It was my MobiFlight - Events folder in my community folder that was causing the crash since the update. Is it apparently a known issue and it is being looked at by the good people at MobiFlight.

I wish I had things in my community folder, so that I could take them out to make the sim work!

It is an MSFS issue and has been already fixed by yesterday’s hotfix. Make sure you update to 1.15.8.0

Never had an issue with MSFS until this update 1.15.7.0

Now if I select EGSU, Duxford, Duxford as my departure airport, (Spitfire or Cessna) I crash to desktop with no error or FlightSimulator.exe has stopped working error message after selecting Fly.

Patched to 1.15.8.0 same issue

Anyone else having this issue?

please increase your windows virtual memory - pagefile.

You need at least overall 32 memory, better 40… so, set at least max value 20, better 30GIG for your pagefile AND ensure ther is enough free space on disc

summarized discussion:

Also: Search results for '0x80000003 order:latest' - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thanks. Yes it was a MSFS issue. Everything is back to normal for me now.

I feel so sorry for the hard working third party developers like MobiFlight, etc. They must loose a lot of sleep on the nights leading to the updates. “Not so technical” users like myself also loose many hours of time trying to figure out what happened to our systems.

@KraeheBube33532
Thanks. I have no other alternative but to reset MSFS and reupdate with World Update 4. Will see whart happens next.

There will come a time when 32GB won’t be enough.

these time is already here/reached… 32GIG RAM “alone” is not enough. Also users with 32GIG RAM need a ‘good working’ pagefile ( I assume at least 8GIG minium ). But it depend on your settings ( e.g. LOD ).

( therefore I mentioned “better 40” :wink: )…

PS : Now I also seen that I linked former to a special post from the topic… I corrected it: I would only link to the topic, not to these “upcoming” post :slight_smile:

Same here, after world update Belgium, France etc when loading EBKT, EBOS, EBUL and maybe some other Belgian airports, i get CTD during loading of the scenery.
Build is 1.15.8
Please advise

we not know your system, exact error, mod usage, etc…

The first step what can possible help we have already mentioned ( virtual memory ).

I tried the trick with the virtual memery, but no succes!!

okay… then we need the error message from windows event log. Can you have a look and share it ?

It is bad that we have to go into the event log to look why the Simulator crashed. Today programs shouldn’t crash without a error message.
But yes at the moment it is the only possibility to find the problem.

apparently one of the addons in my community folder caused the problem.
Only the free addon of RAF Valley EGOV gives a CTD when loading scenery.
The Belgian airports are ok, working and loading.