AI pilot not maintaining proper altitude

I have been using MSFS 2020 store version for just over a year now. I have tried to use the AI pilot many times and have had many different issues. The AI pilot has rarely flown at the set altitude. Using Little Navmap it has allowed me to see the problem. The problem seems to be that the AI is using actual altitude when it needs to be using the indicated altitude. The difference is based on real atmospheric conditions.

Just leave the plane on it’s autopilot.
The AI co-pilot is a little inattentive, and needs a fair bit more training.

1 Like

Didn’t he get his license revoked, but is going around and convincing simmers that he’s still got his wings?

1 Like

cough “jetblue” cough…
op, you are correct. Use ai pilot for comms only in flight, set the ap yourself.

1 Like

The only thing my first officer is good for is taking care of the radio communications. I don’t know why I put up with him…:joy:

1 Like

The AI Pilot does have some issues going back for some time. I would imagine it probably won’t be fixed until the work being done by WT on default aircraft. That’s my guess. Until then, I’d bring a parachute if you use it. :slight_smile:

The bug topic is here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ai-control-aircraft-ai-pilot-is-broken-no-longer-works-as-expect/291627