AI Traffic Aircraft & Liveries - Wishlist Item

There hasn’t been a thread about this in a while and I don’t see it on the Wishlist for the last development update. I only saw “AI Traffic needs to be fixed - Backlog” which is kind of vague. In my opinion, having real aircraft (or at least close to real) and real airline liveries adds a lot to immersion for me. I’m not sure what those 4 engine double decker planes are supposed to be but they are not A380’s haha and those rainbow paint jobs, :grimacing:. Couple Questions for you guys…

1. I’ve noticed United liveries on random AI Airplanes but nothing else, is this part of a deal Asobo made? will there be more added in? Has their been any news?

2. Is this even important to you guys or am I alone on this one?

7 Likes

You are def not alone on this one
In fact I refuse to fly without AI traffic. Taking off, flying and landing on empty airports is a waste of my time for me. Sure the scenery and landmarks are beautiful , but AI traffic is a top 3 must for me
AIG announced a week or 2 ago that they are working on a oneclick manager to import realtime schedules with the correct paintjobs and aircrafts. Should be released late 2021

4 Likes

Why not use Live Traffic? I know they don’t have the liveries etc nailed down but it works.
AI traffic is a mess and thunders midrange systems with unnecessary work.
I fly around BC quite a bit and am always encountering Central Mountain Air, Westjet, Air Canada, Jazz. At CYVR I followed a Quantas 747 on final last night.
@AtcDude1992 @Juiceman39

The AI management program you mentioned cannot arrive soon enough. It drives me crazy to land in Frankfurt and find a bunch of Frontier Airlines AI aircraft but noting from Lufthansa, Condor, etc. Who is AIG?

Alpha India Group. You can check their website

Just read this thread.

The current problem holding up development is the conversion of models from FSX/P3D and the unfinished SDK, specifically the lack of night-time effects for the aircraft. That is why all of the sample photos are daytime shots.

3 Likes

I do use live traffic, and they say the names on the ATC sure but all the models are make believe planes with Rainbow paint, I’ve never seen a WestJet/ AC or Quantas Livery in game. Only United.

This was discussed in one of the Q&A sessions and Jorg and Seb spoke about it. Microsobo want to have all real liveries and real models for all planes in game and are working on it. But since MSFS is a commercial product, it requires that they legally licence said names, logos and liveries, and this is the snag they’re encountering.

What it comes down to is that in the current global economic climate, airlines have a lot on their plates. Requests of “We want to licence the likeness of your planes for our video game” are not exactly a high priority for airlines at the moment.

It’s likely the mod teams working on this will beat Microsobo to the punch with this. Since they’re offering their products as freeware, they’re not restricted by licencing as Microsobo are. And if they do release first, I’m not sure if Microsobe would necessarily feel the need to push with their efforts for licencing since there’ll already be a solution in place.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Will stay tuned.

makes sense, thanks.

1 Like

Update from AIG
https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=34633.new;topicseen#new

Really hope that Asobo answers AIG’s reach out requests. I loved what they were able to do in P3D.

Chris

3 Likes

Hi, please vote in this topic for Asobo to take notice of AIG, and for Ai traffic to be supported by AIG

1 Like

About live traffic and static planes:
I usually fly small airplanes with FSEconomy.
Throughout last months I’ve converted some AI General Aviation models which I use in Live traffic mode.
I’ve noticed that when a , let’s say a King Air, lands in a small airport, many times it dissapears as soon as it reaches a taxyway. It could be because to get to land, the AI makes it go round a round the airport, loosing time, instead of doing it directly as the original from Flightaware. Or it also could be because many small airports don’t have parking spaces for an aircraft the size of a KA.
Because of this, All small airports appear deserted of airplanes.
I would like to have a static GA slider separated from the airliners slider., so I can put some small airplanes in airports without putting airliners with liveries that do not correspond.
Thanks for reading. Be safe.

I was siting at the gate at KBNA (Nashville) yesterday and a Air Koryo airliner from North Korea was next to me- I doubt they fly into Nashville… Parked now at KRDU (Raleigh) and im sitting next to a Polish LOT airliner…Wish they would update RW traffic or at least do some realistic liveries…

2 Likes

Exactly what I was looking for. Guys who like me find FS2020 bring us almost 20 years back in the time when Traffic 2005 appeared on FS2004. I’m surprised no thrid party partner didn’t join the wave to offer us a payware traffic with all types of planes and liveries like I had in FS2004. Like mentionned above, airport are quite boring without any real traffic and liveries. I wish Asobo or something else are in the work to create all the possible AI template and let users create beautiful liveries. I just hope we will not have to wait 20 years before getting that, I’ll be 81 !!!

André

2 Likes

You won’t solve the problem by just throwing models and liveries at it. Asobo is constantly making changes to the AI traffic. We users and 3rd party’s like AIG are always forced to go through trial and error in order to figure out what is going on. Another core problem is AI behaviour itself which is locked and can’t be changed by 3rd party’s.

You are in the AIG group. I used so much of your planes in FS2004, thank you so much for the great work.

André

What a great news. I’m glad AIG is considering importing planes from previous sims to give us a real traffic.

André

I’m not part of AIG. I keep an eye on what they are doing.

I use models and liveries from a network (the forum doesn’t allow me to talk about it) and i have spend plenty of time with trying to understand how online live traffic works.

Asobo is always making changes to the traffic without saying a single word about it. That would be far from optimal for a payware traffic developer.