AI Traffic Touches Down way too late, has unrealistic braking efficacy

Thank you. That’s my point I am trying to make. It’s like trying to find Where’s Waldo in a sea of hundreds of thousands of people. Except Waldo keeps changing position. A misplaced . or , or < or space should make the entire thing not function. Add that to the many different aspects and departments of coding involved between weather, scenery, SDK, mod interaction, aircraft, on and on and you see why this just can’t bit fixed or changed in any short amount of time. I can also guarantee that any fix or change needs to either be discussed, authorized, and communicated to everyone else. What if the person responsible has been sick? You just don’t know.

Can anyone find the erroneous misplaced . ??? Exactly…imagine spending all day looking at this. This is for Minecraft which is extremely simplistic when compared to the world of MSFS.

2 Likes

That is a perfect example of a file that cries out for a file editor that will temporarily add line breaks while editing the file and remove those added line breaks when saving changes. When I mentioned that It is also a perfect example of the stupidity of software designers who thought it was a great idea to create configuration/settings files like these without line breaks, it was taken as criticism.

I was using an example that demonstrated the foundational idea for the general public and for people (the vast majority) who just load the game up and expect perfection without understanding (key point) just what comprises the game under the hood. Anyone in the game of coding knows there are tools and such to be able to sort and order that data, but the data still stands and is still a massive headache even with tools. Even if you showed the average person a simple string of text 3 lines long, many would think you’re showing them gibberish.

1 Like

Excellent points. I sometimes wonder if the source code for FSX has been lost forever and the Asobo programmers are working with code generated from a reverse compiler.

Instead of “Fly(WorldMapObject)” they are dealing with “9g5e768t44544f765(0983ghh986u6tjgg)” or something equally horrific.

Nearly 3 years and ai traffic handling of MSFS is still a mess. I’m very disappointed and gave up expecting a solution no matter what they promised. We had much better ai behavior in FSX/P3D, so I don’t see any excuse.

3 Likes

If one bothered to look outside of using only MS/Asobo for AI traffic one would find things are already very much on par if not better than FSX/P3D in many ways. At this stage in the game to still depend on MS/Asobo for AI traffic, there’s really no excuse as well. :laughing:

MSFS AI traffic handling has been a weak point in MSFS since launch. Recently there have been some improvements made at last, but issues remain.

Using external AI solutions such as AIG traffic etc, and helper addons such as AI Ground and AIFlow certainly improve the experience considerably, but are still hampered by unavoidable dependencies on MSFS core AI functionality. Asobo are slowly improving things but most external solutions are not accessible for XBox users who have no alternative but to rely on MS/Asobo traffic.

Unfortunately, there will only be so much they can do for Xbox due to hardware limitations. Imagine a full to bursting KLAX on a Series S… Of course, presets come into play but it’ll never be as detailed as PC. And this is not shade on Xbox users!

In connection with the SU12 bugs and other ATC problems, I would like to give a short update on my post regarding the ATC addon FSHud. First of all: No, I don’t get any money for it, it’s just my opinion.

The “Work in Progress Beta” for FSHud 1.3 is now available for download and I tried it out a bit. The whole thing is not yet 100% perfect, but it is already better than Asobo in many ways. FSLTL aircraft now land correctly, are controlled by FSHud ATC, serve (mostly) logical runways, etc.

So it’s definitely worth a look and the concept is promising for the future in my opinion. But beware: It has an influence on the FPS

2 Likes

I did some plane spotting on the KLAX after today’s small MSFS update. Even without FSHud, all planes suddenly land correctly only with FSLTL.

Was the problem actually suddenly fixed in today’s update? Haven’t read anything about it.

That would be great! Maybe a moderator can confirm it here.

Sigh…no. Planes using MSFS traffic still land halfway down the runway with today’s update. Only FSLTL has enabled a fix ( in their current beta build) that allows aircraft to land correctly. You said you’re using FSLTL so you’re seeing correct landings. Now takeaway FSLTL and try it. You’ll still get midfield landings.

1 Like

This is sad since iam proud AIG user wish Kaiii can work his magic and beta fix it for us.

@Kaiii3

Also an AIG user/member for many many years. FSLTL offers correct landings. Do you only use AIGTC/AIM? FSLTL can use AIG models and liveries and you’ll have the landings fixed. But only for live traffic.

I removed FSLTL great app but i fly mostly at night and in my region (Caribbean) there a lot less traffic, and cant beat AIG amazing livery libary.

Iam sure the AIG is cooking up a fix soon i hope.

Okay, that’s a real shame, of course, especially if you’re keen to use scheduled traffic (like AIG). I had some hope for a moment. However, FSHud could also help here, which then controls the AIG traffic.

FSLTL can use AIG aircraft models and liveries. Sadly though the FAIB aircraft were not able to be converted by AIG into MSFS per the original author and so there are hundreds or thousands of perfectly good liveries that can’t be used and will have to wait until FSLTL makes them or another traffic developer. Really a shame because the FAIB fleet covers all of the 737’s, the A318,19,20,21 family, the 767, and the 747 fleets. That’s like 80% of the world’s aircraft. And since FAIB has been the standard for so many years, almost every airline you could want and their respective specialized liveries have already been painted. If FAIB could of been converted and used, FSLTL would have almost 100% coverage.

Working with Asobo on a fix at the moment

8 Likes

Ps. It would also be great if you could pls help Asobo to sort out the broken model-matching for their “live traffic” – ie. replace all those white aircraft with the correct model + livery (or the nearest match). :slight_smile:

That’s an easy fix. Just download all the different models and airlines you want to use and make sure in the traffic setting for MSFS you have use generic models OFF. Live Traffic should automatically pull from the AIG folder.

I’ve done all of that. I have all those airlines up to date in the AIM app, and set generic models to off.
Live traffic still does not pull from the AIG folder! (Apart from one or two maybe).
The problem is much deeper. Something along the lines of the model-matching algorithm for Live Traffic not able to distinguish between different operators in an alliance – like Delta’s for example, and its regional affiliates. It’s all messed-up currently.