AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

BTW, I meant more like this.

I got many planes at Schiphol and also with the right liveries. But sometimes I cant inject any planes so EHAM or what airport ie empty. Even if I delete the traffic and inject it new nothing happened.

EHAM is also populated on my end, so far any other airport I try only has 1 or 2 planes (e.g. Stockholm Arlanda or Helsinki).

Remember, there are plenty of cases where the airports have gate issues (wrong size or class of aircraft), preventing spawning of traffic.

I think this is the issue rather, I have a long long list with missing models / textures, including Scandinavian Airlines. Guess these were all the “Not Found” ones.

:slightly_smiling_face: I’ve seen this too @ EHAM. And then they all start doing 360’s.
Must say, I haven’t seen this anymore for a while now ( > 1 month)
I have traffic set to 90%

perhaps. I think you’re missing so many because of the very recent hosting issue that one of the creators is having (currently moving hosts but he just posted that it should be online now) as I have all of those airlines with most of those fully installed (meaning, not missing).

You should keep checking AIM and doing the verify setup to see about getting them fully installed.

Ai doing 360s are pathway/hold short node issues where the after a delay (such as in line to take off), the game kind of forgets what to do. Once the traffic jam starts moving, the planes should correct themselves (until they bunch up at the next hold short node).r

I just tried to delete and reinstall one airline which I know was “not found” and its still “not found”.

Much of the recent discussion has revolved around how Live Traffic works well with either ST or AIG, but it seems this mainly applies for the US. I’m mostly flying in Europe and Live Traffic there is borderline non existent.

Ok, give it time, I’m thinking AIM needs to be updated to point to the new host. I can confirm, however, I have many (not all) of the ones you’re missing installed (some of the “NO MODEL” aren’t in the game yet, ex: the A330-900Neo and there can also be ones that aren’t painted yet).

Is it a JCAI model? I think that JCAI stuff is still having server issues as he changes web host and we can expect problems until the change is fully implemented.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=39181.0

He said should be working (I asked), but it didn’t fix some issues on my side:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=39181.msg375918#msg375918

This does seem to be the problem! I’ve uninstalled the Asobo world update Nordics Stockholm Arlanda airport and I now have 6 aircraft on ground (still way too low number), which would mean those Asobo airports are in a very poor state…

Yes, many of the airports are horrible (parking issues, broken Ai pathing, etc.) even “premium” airports with runways that will not allow Ai to take off (KATL).

One good thing, seems FBW now works with offline traffic showing up on TCAS.

we have quite a lot of sources, some are free other are paid. We get timetable date form one big dataprovider and sometimes from airlines direct. These data is then “merged” with data provided by FR24/FA and other tracking sites. If we are unable to get timetable data our team uses the tracking data to create the flightplan.

About the “source issue” for live traffic. I have already talked with Jörg and some other Guys about it and will present them soon an idea on how it can be further improved.

Besides that I have still the idea of an hybrid mode for AIGTC, so you can enjoy live traffic in combination with the saved offline traffic.

5 Likes

Hi [quote=“valiiant21, post:2782, topic:324219, full:true”]
Hi @TotorBlavic724 Were you able to solve the problem? I have the same and do not know what to do
[/quote]

I simply don’t use it.

To get it working first of all you really need to install all of the airlines and flight plans so you are not missing any.

You also need to keep ai manager regularly updated and you need to verify it when you get new airports. In my experience if I don’t do that I don’t get as many traffic spawns.

This works brilliantly and keeps the airports moving and busy, I’ve had no major problems with it.

The only caveat is if you get an airport that has too many static planes blocking the gates. Even if you remove them manually their gates are still.blocked and thus ai won’t park there.

But I’ve seen lots of planes land, takeoff, taxi, pushback, get power, catering, jetways and baggage.

Hong Kong international is especially impressive with all the Cathay Pacific around.

1 Like

Its interesting that FS2004 had working AI, even on automatically generated airports the taxi routes and parking spots were mostly correct, AI traffic wasn’t drifting at the holding point, ATC was able to supply vectors to final approach. Seems to me they would have been better of copying the FS2004 AI and ATC…

Hello to all,

Hoping you are well,

I made a timelapse on an airport in Brazil and here is what it looks like with AIG Traffic on about 10 hours of time, compressed in 10 minutes.

Of course there are some imperfections like the movement of planes waiting for takeoff on the taxiway but it’s not much compared to what it brings to the FS2020 simulation

I love this addon

Thanks for your great work

See you soon