Air Hauler 2 Coming Out Soon For FS2020

I have just received an email from Just Flight that Air Hauler 2 will be on sale later this week for FS2020. The price apparently will be £32.99 with a discount of £11 for owners of a previous version.

For those not familiar with Air Hauler 2, amongst other things, it puts you in control of your own passenger or freight company and helps give users another reason to fly and use the sim. If it’s anything like the Xplane 11 version it’s fairly similar in principle to OnAir and may appeal to simmers who may not be comfortable with a subscription based add on.

Presumably, more details will be available on the Just Flight web site.

I thought I would pass on the details for further investigation by any simmers who might be interested in this kind of add on. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! Wasn’t a huge fan of OnAirs interface. AH was easier to learn and use so I’m looking forward to the FS2020 compatibility :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got the same e-mail from Just Flight this week and I was very excited to see it coming out so soon, I thought it would be a longer wait. Though I reckon it’ll be early access. I haven’t used AH2 yet. I would’ve picked it up for X-Plane but for MSFS being announced last year! I spent a long time using the original AH and loved it.

The combination of MSFS and AH2 is a match made in heaven. All I need now are some A2A Simulations aircraft to fly and the VR release and I’m all set for life :grin:

I tried OnAir with XP briefly, also FSEconomy which looks great in terms of depth but is lacking in aircraft at local airports meaning I haven’t to ‘teleport’ from location to location between flights to find a job & aircraft. I enjoy the continuity and immersion of picking up exactly where I left off, so AH2 is the one for me :+1:

Well, at least we’re getting a few different options now for those simmers who want to have another reason to fly. We now have different products from different developers which are alternatively one-off priced (AH2), subscription based (OnAir) or freeware (Neofly). This can only be good for the sim.

1 Like

Will this ever be available in the MarketPlace?

i wonder whether and how this might work in a VR headset?

I picked up AH2 for Xplane 11 since I wasn’t a fan of the OnAir subscription based pricing.

On the whole I was quite pleased with AH2 even though I found the interface a little bit old fashioned and, imo, very slightly ‘amateurish’. It was still very good though and for me the best Xplane 11 option.

As with all these kind of add ons though it’s easy to get obsessed with the relentless pursuit of money and building up your company into a multinational concern and to forget about the joy of simming. That’s not really a fault of this particular add on though but really an observation of all of these sorts of tycoon games. I still might get it though. Having said that, I find the freeware option (Neofly) also very good.

I don’t know. I suppose there’s always a chance.

The Xplane 11 version was sold on multiple stores. I bought my version from Just Flight but I think it was also available from the Org Store. A Marketplace option could therefore be a possibility ???

Can’t wait

Bit sick of the childish OnAir ( transporting candy event with haloween :grimacing: ) and the horrible setup for workorders.

AH2 is the most extensive carrier option available … should be released tomorrow

I haven’t got VR myself but I seem to recall other Xplane 11 simmers saying they were using it with VR. I can’t really add much more to this unfortunately since I myself only used it on a PC monitor.

I got the Xplane version on the first day of sale and, to be fair, I myself didn’t find any game breaking bugs. I’m obviously not saying this will necessarily be the same with the the FS2020 version but it’s maybe a good sign ???

Absolutely. NeoFly is awesome too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

AppliedPython94

8h

Can’t wait

Bit sick of the childish OnAir ( transporting candy event with haloween :grimacing: ) and the horrible setup for workorders.

AH2 is the most extensive carrier option available … should be released tomorrow

In your opinion. Others will disagree

There’s room for all honest opinions. What’s good is that simmers now have a few choices and can buy or use the one which best suits their needs :slightly_smiling_face:

I wouldn’t have thought so, as it’s a stand alone app that just talks to MSFS. More like Little NavMap than an add-on.

Any idea if it has a ‘skills’ progression like OnAir - where you only get certain jobs when you spend skill points earnt? I like that aspect rather than just picking up cargo and delivery (it’s why I stopped using FSEconomy).

2 Likes

From memory the Xplane 11 version had skill points for the AI that you could ‘spend’ on certain things such as speeding up cargo loading times etc.

You could also buy parts to make your own AC, and build factories to make and sell different commodities e.g. navigation devices etc. There were a few different things you could do and it wasn’t restricted to cargo/passenger deliveries. You could also hire AI to do jobs.

1 Like

and I’ve just discovered this:

The Skypark (parallel42.com)

2 Likes

AH2 ist available since some minutes ago…

Used AH1 and AH2 for P3D a lot: Thx to Slopey !

Thank you for the update :slightly_smiling_face: