Air Manager 4.1 updated from 4.1 Beta 34 - missing instruments and panels etc?

I have looked at the SimInnovations Wiki etc. but cannot find the answer to my problem.
I have been running AM 4.1 Beta 34 for some time, and it worked fine - I had imported several .siff files for panels and instruments etc., including lots from Simstrumentation (DBF/Crunchmeister et al).
A few days ago when I loaded AM 4.1 Beta 34, it invited me to update to what I assume is the now “full” 4.1 version - i.e. post beta.
I duly downloaded and installed this latest 4.1.
All seems OK, except a lot of the panels/instruments that I had set up in 4.1 Beta34 are not listed, and I cannot see what library file/folder I need to copy across.
I can of course import all the panels and instruments again, and set up the screens once more, but this will take quite some time.
Can anyone help by explaining how/if I can get my nice panels/instruments from 4.1 Beta 34 into the new 4.1?
Many thanks in advance, Alasdair (aka Flybasher…)

1 Like

The beta and release versions of Air Manager are not linked. So anything you have in the beta version is not the same as what you have in the release version. To update to 4.1 release you need to open your current release version and do the prompted update. If you have already done the 4.1 installation then you have updated your release version. The current beta 29 IIRC will stop and likely a new beta for the next version of AM will start up at some point. The good news is you can copy over the contents of the C:\Users\username\Air Manager BETA folder to the C:\Users\username\Air Manager folder and then when you start Air Manager all your panels and instruments will return. Remember to backup the contents of both mentioned folder tree’s beforehand in case of a mistake.

2 Likes

Thank you Sling380 - I have followed your instructions and everything now works perfectly - your help is very much appreciated.
Regards, A

1 Like

Glad it helped you out. It will be the same process when the next version drops.

2 Likes