Airbus A310-300

Terrible performances on Xbox, First flight since the last update → CTD During pushback

I have those same camera glitches. But otherwise She flies beautifully!

2 Likes

I’m having trouble changing altitude restrictions in the FMC. Does it not allow changes to STARs like the 737 does?

It does indeed! You have to select the right select key next to the waypoint you want to add an alt/spd constraint to, and you can enter it from there

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts and support.
Pls try to fix the VOR-V/L bug, (I know that you are aware about it from your forum).

1 Like

Thanks, great plane. I’ll try again, but I definitely ran into a time where it wouldn’t change. I’ll try to reproduce it.

1 Like

What a treat to fly…
With the latest update all the serious problems disappeared for me… And what sounds, though I find the Air Con too noisy, and in the air… the flap sound, the wind sound and engines… wonderful.
The texture :sparkling_heart:
And the flight dynamics… I am no pilot, so I don’t know how the A310 should behave… But it flies fascinating. The PMDG 737, Fenix A320 and this bird really gives the impression of flying.

I cant fly long haul yet because the flight plan is not shown in the “travel to” menu…

Now What about Sun Shades on side windows? :kissing_heart:

Really enjoying the A310! I’ve got about 20 hours under my belt at this point. Fantastic model and I find myself flying the HJet and A310 exclusively. Unfortunately, the Neo is not getting much love these days.

Question…do others find themselves using a fair bit of spoilers during descent in order to maintain profile? Is this normal in the real thing?

Profile was/is rarely used during descent in real life if you ask A310 pilots. But in Inibuilds A310, it’s been implemented so well to the point where it simply works “better than expected”, yet still not perfect. That’s why you will always feel "behind’ when you use that mode during descent.

With that said, i usually use profile 10 miles before T/D and then when i’m below 10,000 ft i simply either switch to Level Change or V/S.

I rarely use spoilers. When i need to speed things up in descent, i switch to level change.

6 Likes

I have lots of stall situations with low speeds in turns, almost all of them during the approach period in managed speed and autothrottle activated, also in cruise when the turn is to pronunciated, this ruins my logbook flights in a pilots life chapter 2, bad scores because of this

I believe that the profile being much better than expected is for a good cause: We are single pilots. The workload on this plane depending on the procedure is high and it’s easy to make a mistake because of that and get all screwed up. I use profile mode up to the FAF.

Would it be the wrong and unsafe thing to do with this aircraft? I don’t know, will never fly this aircraft in real life anyway lol

4 Likes

The simbrief import started working for me out of nowhere a few days ago. All flight plans are now imported.

There are mysterious things on the servers of this simulator that not even God can explain.

1 Like

Nope, just using a standard Xbox Series X game controller. Keyboard is also attached. I disconnected that but it didn’t make a difference.

This technique has been pointed out by some of the YouTubers that are A320 pilots. Thanks.

I have to agree. I’m not a real life airline pilot, but I find myself scrambling to get everything sorted during descent even without switching out of PROFILE.

1 Like

Help!

Is the A310 using the same AIRAC cycle version of msfs or not? Im trying to do an ifr flight from kmia to mdst and after I introduce SID most of the waypoints are “not in the data base”. am I missing something?

I pulled up a routing for those airports and entered it into the FMS successfully:

KMIA / 08R KLADA2 KLADA DCT BITAC Y396 RUMFO Y374 ALBBE UM348 RETAK RETA2P MDST / DELTI.I11

The altitudes / speeds would need some editing, but no data base problems.

Looks like a fun flight… I’ll try it myself when I have time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I noticed the plane NOW turns left or right (on the ground) with a little bit difficulty. The manouver seems a little slow in turning almost as bad as PMDG.
On the other hand it has no touch down sound when you are on the external view
The loud sound has been reduced though it yet sounds loud I have to reduce volume from 40 to 25 to be able to use this one.
I hope this couple of things can be reviewed.
Thanks.

Hello Aviators.

Do you know the meaning of “Link instruments” and “Realistic Autopilot Disconnect” on the A310 EFB settings tab??? I mean what are they for? And is there a difference?

1 Like

You did it with simbrief or manually? I’m trying manually with flight plan generated by msfs