Airbus A310-300

I’m really excited about the fixes.

I’m definitely going to be flying this frequently now. I’ve wanted to utilize VOR navigation, so it will be good to see how it’s working.

2 Likes

Good work inibuilds, they’ve clearly been busy.

2 Likes

Nope still not working, I’ve tried with SEQM which have a minimums of 8000ish but still showing entry out of range

2 Likes

Weird how the actual 310 says 1.1.8 whereas the enhanced package is still 1.1.7 and the changes to the EFB (sliders added especially) are not showing. Maybe on Thursday when they update the Marketplace, shall the A310 Enhancement show an update.

I think some changes haven’t been added yet, i can’t find the new “sliders” either

Exactly. I’ve been on the IniBuilds Discord, discussing the missing sliders with them. Could never get a specific answer, but it is good to see some of the major issues are fixed, even with the A310 Enhancement Package being a different version. I may have to ask them exactly what sound sliders were added and see if there are already there.

Also they implement movement to the console flood light but doesn’t move so i would say that these things will be updated later in other beta build

1 Like

Overall hardware compatibility improved with HoneyComb Bravo, Saitek panels

Wonder what they did here? Was working pretty sweet with the Bravo already.

The ATC fix is such an improvement, it is in itself worth the wait. Didn´t consider that bug “game breaking” (ATC itself is bad enough, even when it works) but no dobut it´s much better now.

Other than that… Is it me, or engine and wind sounds are now much, much lower? My cockpit is almost too silent now…

1 Like

Not sure but for me sounds are now really good compared to before.

1 Like

So the Marketplace update came and went without an update to the A310 Enhanced, which is still on version 1.1.7 while the actual aircraft is 1.1.8 so I am hoping during the next beta drop before release, we get that updated as well, since 1.1.8 includes the new sound sliders.

1 Like

Does anyone know how you switch VOR navigation between VOR1 and VOR2?

I thought, maybe, it was linked to AP1 and AP2, but switching between the two APs continues to utilize VOR1.

Clearly, the FO’s PFD/ND is connected to VOR2 and the captain’s PFD/ND to VOR1. I just can’t make sense out of how you switch the AP to use one over the other.

EDIT:

I’m on SU12 beta v. 1.31.18.0. I don’t know if I’m seeing issues that are still yet to be resolved, but I’m finding there are some new issues with VOR navigation and the AP that I didn’t see in previous versions of the sim/aircraft.

For example, I’m just trying to test how VOR NAV is working in the newer version. I’m flying at FL100 @ 180 KIAS. When I switch to HDG mode to hold my current heading, then change VOR1 to a new frequency/course and then re-engage V/L mode, the AP and Autothrottle start malfunctioning. As the aircraft turns to its new course, it starts to throttle up excessively, and the aircraft starts climbing to about 3000’ above my set FL100. Then it begins to rapidly descend and overspeeds due to the autothrottle not regulating the still set speed of 180. Trying to override it and reset both the speed and the altitude do nothing to arrest the situation. I’m forced to shut off the AP and take control of the aircraft.

I guess I need to wait to report all this as bugs in the beta when the official release notes for the A310’s fixes make it into a future SU12 beta release.

I don’t really get how ATC works now. Seeing posts of people being able to request an IFR clearance once MCDU is programmed by tuning to Clearance, but not seeing that option. Waited for IRS to align and everything. My hotkey to switch between COM1 and COM2 doesn’t work, I ended up just blaring the ATIS all throughout approach cause I couldn’t figure out how to switch frequencies with the visual buttons in the cockpit. The MSFS ATC overlay menu seems different now too; dialing in a frequency with my MIAP seemed to update the tuned-in frequency in real time instead of needing to be swapped. That being said, tuning away from ATIS wasn’t possible, no matter what I did with my COM dial. All of this is likely user error, just was a bit stymied. Greased the frickin landing into KMCI though, let’s go. Butter!

The COM doesn’t quite have a frequency swap, which is probably why it doesn’t work with your hotkey.

It’s got a small switch between the two COM displays that switches between the left and the right tuned frequency. I’m finding I just have to flip it via mouse. Either that or just tune the one side the switch is set to. Again, I’m having to tune it via mouse as my peripheral I usually use for radio tuning isn’t working with the A310.

I feel like they’re too quiet now. Button clicks, dials, GPWS call outs… super quiet. I actually can’t hear any of the button clicks or dials while inflight anymore.

The updated engine sounds also seem too muted now in the flight deck? The packs and wind noise are an improvement though.

2 Likes

Thank you - this was helpful. Appreciate it.

1 Like

iniBuilds is the top. Good to see that fuel consumption doesn’t occur when game is in Pause state. Very good for real long flight

1 Like

Out of curiosity, did you see THR L on the PFD at any time during this?

1 Like

Yes, I did. What are you thinking?

1 Like

THR L is a speed protection mode, akin to A. FLOOR in the modern Airbus. It will force A/THR on (if disengaged), and basically put you at max throttle, disregarding selected speed. That, combined with the turn to the VOR explains the excessive speed and excessive pitch. Try the procedure again at a higher selected speed, somewhere in the 220 kts range

3 Likes