Airbus A310-300

Thanks. I just located and downloaded a Flight Crew Operating Manual for the A310.

There is much more I need to understand beyond passing checklists and getting airborne!

1 Like

You folks have done such an outstanding job with this aircraft and Iā€™ve found exploring its functions and operation to be one of the great joys of this sim.

Thank you all for your efforts to continue improving the aircraft model and your continued support here on the forum.

Itā€™s greatly appreciated.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve done some more testing today on the beta with VOR navigation and the system is definitely improved/fixed as compared to the current SU11 version.

However, it still seems to only be capable of performing as though it has a single VOR radio. The second VOR radio is able to be utilized as a reference point (for intersections and such), but I cannot navigate with it. Utilizing the single VOR does work excellently now. If the dialed course is too far out, you use HDG on an intercept and it switches to VOR automatically when within acceptable range of the course. The CDIs are working and all seems solid.

I do, occasionally, see VOR1ā€™s needle briefly swing 180Ā° and go right back to its proper pointing direction. This isnā€™t an issue of the ā€œcone of silenceā€ as it happens at good distances away from the VOR. It doesnā€™t affect the APā€™s navigation in any way, but is just a strange anomaly.

The POH I located online shows additional buttons on the Capt. & F.O.ā€™s ā€œSwitching Panelsā€ that allow either pilot to switch the VOR system their seat is utilizing. I can only surmise that, since our aircraft example doesnā€™t have these addition buttons, that each VOR radio is tied to each AP independently. There has to be a redundancy here that can be accessed for navigation.

One change Iā€™ve noted is that this aircraft really dislikes the sim being paused. Iā€™m referring to actual pause not active pause. I paused the sim to deal with my puppy and when I unpaused it I had warnings going off everywhere. Iā€™d lost airspeed, the oxygen masks had, apparently, been dropped in the cabin, the cabin pressurization system was full of red warning messages about depressurization, etc. I was able to recover, but some systems in the aircraft seem to still be ignoring the actual pause state and are running in the background.

2 Likes

Well , something strange with the clock in the plane, in fact , the time in the A310 is running slower than the live time ! 1 min with the losing time about six seconds, anyone notice that?

PS. on my XBOXļ¼Œand Iā€™ve examed the clock in the TBM930 and Asobo A320N, they all look fine.

3 Likes

It appears that the Flaperon animation has been fixed. Thanks a lot for your great support and customer service! :blush:

Kind regards.

2 Likes

yes, itā€™s quite some time now the clock is never showing the right zulu time

2 Likes

What is the latest version of the aircraft? Because my sim is still running v1.1.6

1 Like

Cheers I donā€™t do betas hopefully itā€™ll be a smooth process to SU12.

Iā€™m also getting a bug where the last radio transmission keeps getting repeated nonstop. Is there a way to fix that?

3 Likes

I can confirm that the March 2 SU12 beta update for this Asobo change:

• Fixed a crash when using WASM network api with a uri that has no path component.

ā€¦has now fixed the ACARS SIMBRIEF import issue that I had. Iā€™ve successfully imported a plan and it all looks good. Thanks!

1 Like

I can confirm that as well. Now I can keep the SimBrief importer closed and not worry about the flight plan not loading in, if I forgot.

1 Like

This is my first day using the A310

I have the TCA quadrant and the reverse thrust is working fine.
I have all the updates and improvements / Enhancements available from the Marketplace.

The interior is good but the exterior of the aircraft is looking really poor, the resolution is very low.

Is there a setting I have missed to enhance it or a new livery in a higher resolution?

P.S I run the FBW with an 8K livery with no problem and itā€™s really impressive quality, has this been released at this level to help it run on low-spec machines?

Render scaling at 130

Window 11 pro 64
Thrustmaster Airbus SideStick & 2 Lever Quadrant + add-on
Ryzen 7 3700X
GIGABYTE RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (DDR4-3200)
Gigabyte 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
MSI Optix 3440 x 1440

1 Like

Saw some enhancements to the A310 in the latest beta build, the most exciting to me was the inclusion of an autobrake Controls Settings mapping. I really hope they add a button mapping for the red autopilot disconnect button on the in-game yoke. I have yet to find anything that works to turn that off quickly and without looking.

Are you not using Toggle Disengage Autopilot?

I am; this flips the switch near the FOā€™s side of the cockpit, but doesnā€™t engage the red button which stops the alarm chirping in certain scenarios.

Is there a list for which latest updates are for Xbox? For example I still canā€™t see sliders on efb.

1 Like

Did you download the Enhanced version form the marketplace?

1 Like

Is there anyone here that has a problem with autopilot? Started cold and dark, Dubai-Osaka, during climb, near to 35000 feet, autopilot was disengaged, I donā€™t know why.

It happens to me very often and in this way it is very difficult to perform a long flight without attended. PROFILE and NAV set, Flight plan set without discontinuity, any idea?

Is something activating the trim? One of your controls?

1 Like

I havenā€™t got that problem with Auto pilot but I donā€™t fly long. 2 hours most. Are you on Xbox?