Airbus A310-300

Were both engines running at the time?

Please follow the in-sim checklists for start-up procedures and you’ll have no issues.

M stands for Mach, 80 will be your planned Mach cruise speed.

I don’t think the APU is turning fully off. As you can see here it is off:

Yet I still get APU rumble from my buttkicker which goes away if I disable that event in the simshaker software.

I do not have this issue with other jet aircraft I fly regularly eg. PMDG 737-700.

On xbox will not let me clear the discontinuity. It says funtion not allowed.

If anyone wants to know the status of the A310 WORLD FLEET below I leave the link to the survey. You will be able to look at the real status of the companies/air forces that still operate the aircraft.

Link: https://www.airfleets.net/listing/a310-1.htm

:wink: :vulcan_salute:t2:

2 Likes

You need to select the clear button then press the discontinuity button if the discontinuity is next to a top of climb or top descent then the problem is with the leg before it could be a vector leg prior go to the leg before press clr and select appropriate LsK key

Ok thank you will give it a try

I noticed this issue as well. I’m using an XBOX Series X. It may be similar to the need to double-press the buttons on the MCDU that was reported earlier in the thread. If I single press VHF1 (green light on) then I only get the first few words of the transmission repeated over and over. However, if I double press VHF1 (green light on then green light off), then the full transmission comes through. This happens on any radio selection in the radio panel and on any frequency.

UPDATE: I don’t think you need to select the radio on the panel at all. You just need to turn up the volume on the radio. If you select the radio, then you get the repeated audio.

1 Like

the AP panel lightining is not working? i messed with the 2 knobs and nothing happens.

2 Likes

If you scroll up, you’ll see I posted a lot of screens showing where all the light switches/dials are

A friendly FAQ and Handy Links

“Throttle Calibration”

“FPS Issues”
This is linked to the WASM building I added the Important info about, a fix is inbound.

“Textures”
A patch will come out increasing the texture resolution for core pack for the Xbox and PC.

“Is there any Steam user who could find the manual for the A310?”
Manual is located here:
Official\Steam\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\Resources\Documentation
or
Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\Resources\Documentation

“EFB or iPad as some are calling it”
Almost all airliners have an Electronic Flight Bag or EFB. This interacts with the plane to plan and prepare your flight if you want real world realism.
If you don’t want to have it on, simply press the power button to the side.
If you have a blank screen press the power button or brightness up button.

“Liveries”
The aircraft ships with the same liveries on Xbox as the PC.
Community members have made additional livery mods, not iniBuilds.
You can download those PC livery mods from within iniManager:

“Engines spooling down”
If you have a control that is mapped to Mixture Idle Cut Off or ICO and you move the control, the engines will spool down.
You can save different control profiles in Options and I would recommend saving one for the A310.

“Flightplan and ATC”
If you want to have ATC guide you along your flight you need to set a route in the World Map.
That route will not import into the aircraft and you will need to manually enter the route in the FMC, here’s a video describing how to do that:

Also ensure your VHF1 volume control is turned up to hear them.

“Autopilot discon warning”
When you discconect the AP you will hear an audible warning, press the AP disconnect button on the yoke to silence it, as per real world procedures.
If you have the AP discon bound to a control, just press it twice, once to discon and again to silence the alarm.

“Setting VOR”
On the FCU there is a switch for VOR/NAV/ILS - set the switch to VOR which will enact the displays for VOR Freq and Course.

Handy links:
FAQ’s - FAQs - iniBuilds Forum
Tutorial Video Series - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzeFYXw62MgZWG518Qe3aqz_9wLIT_aRa
Our community and support discord: iniBuilds

9 Likes

Same here. Just spent far too much time trying to get off the ground in Fort Lauderdale and then Miami. Invisible barriers on the runways. I didn’t test all runways but the E/W runways for sure. Where were you trying to take off?

I think this might be a MSFS problem and not a plane problem.

I was taking off and landing at toronto Intl airport cyyz/yyz

I use ATC radio communications assist and also Xbox controller sensitivity assist.

So these will mess with AP issue?

I thought assisted controller was an important assist for Xbox controllers, so not something I would want to disable, but will try it off.

Also another question, when entering the flight plan is it ok to leave the approach and runway until later in flight?
I normally leave that set to automatic on the world map so ATC assigns me the runway once closer to destination for me to input.

Thanks

Extremely disappointing, if true. Some QoL improvements like automatic entry from the World Map should be standard, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Shoutout to @EllsGaming
Amazing support of your product.
Many have a thing or five to learn from you.
:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

21 Likes

Had WASM not building, no path in debug, only a “work” folder all this time and i didn’t know because honestly I rarely had FPS lower than 30 with the A310. But i knew something was fishy hence the FPS was still in the 30s even on FL400. Can’t imagine the gain i’ll be getting when the fix is out. I’m expecting PMDG 737 FPS numbers to say the least when WASM starts working. Glad you found the culprit.

1 Like

Yep,
These need to be switched off for the AP to do it’s thing.

You don’t need to enter your destination STAR in until close to it.
ATC IRL would tell you which approach and runway - “Expect ILS 26L via the KUNAV1R arrival”.
At that point you would select 26L and then the KUNAV1R STAR in the FMC.

I’ve found you have to put the arrival in the World Map or ATC will just give you straight in approach to the runway, from memory.

“Straight in approach to 26L”

Now if you don’t have a STAR in the FMC it will take the last waypoint and line you up with literal centre of runway but you will then have to fly a visual pattern to land, as they’re not specifying a Standard Terminal Arrival Route (STAR).

4 Likes

Thank you :heartpulse: