Airbus A310-300

I´m manually programming the MCDU for a transatlantic flight, and Simbrief gives me some waypoints in coordinate format (35N20W).

I´m trying to type it in the F-PLAN section, but I´m making some mistake with the format, and I´m unable to do it.

Anybody knows how to enter coordinates in the flight plan?

Thanks very much!

ATC AUDIO PROBLEMS and A310 - Clues @EllsGaming

OK there is definitely something wonky with ATC and VHF1 on this aircraft.

SYMPTOMS

1. Sometimes there are no pilot or ATC audio heard at all, sometimes there are only ATC vocals heard, sometimes there are pilot vocals only heard.
  2. Volume control needs to be increased on VHF1 to hear it (we know about this)

This morning, I had no ATC audio, only my pilots vocals heard. What I found (again while VHF volume turned to max) -

• Pressing VHF1 button above the VHF1 volume control, (a light turns green) and ATC vocals are suddenly heard (after being quiet). BUT my vocals no longer heard (after being originally heard). Pressing the VHF1 button again (toggling off) does not retrieve/change that situation.

• Other observations - ATC audio can be truncated, so they rush / finish early or are cut off mid sentence without finishing.

Seems bugged somehow. It’s now been ages since I’ve heard functional two way ATC on the A310 and I have no idea why. I haven’t changed anything. I am still using SU11 (not the beta).

This is similar to what @J1mb0G5751 was reporting I think. I’m now on a flight with only ATC being heard (with truncated sentences) and my own responses not audible. Which is marginally more livable with than silent ATC.

Note: I haven’t had time to try out ATC on say the pmdg737 to check if it is a SU11 thing or a A310 thing only.

7 Likes

SPEEDBRAKE DEPLOYMENT AFTER TAKEOFF -

I am seeing the speed brakes deploy after takeoff, why?

Symptoms-

• I take off and climb to say 8000ft, have no message about speed brake deployment.
  • I try to climb to higher altitudes, and find I have very slow airspeed so the climb doesn’t happen.
  • I can’t get the aircraft to pick up airspeed either.
  • I switch to external view and find the speedbrakes are deployed. There is no warning about this in the aircraft display message area.
  • If I toggle speedbrakes on, the message appears, but I then have to toggle again to retract the speedbrakes. Then I can climb ok and increase airspeed.

Why are the speedbrakes deploying during flight and with no warning? Anyone else seeing this issue?

Remove any hardware bindings from the speedbrake. Do it manually with the mouse. See if that solves it.

1 Like

Still having WASM compilation problem with this beta. No .dll created.
Getting a bit tired of this - opting out of beta now - and the lack of feedback on this urgent matter; fixing Break to Brake - ok - but a subject making AC unflyable for many is barely talked about.
Tried to ask in Q&A yesterday too - no reply.

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion. It’s currently bound to a button on my HOTAS, but works fine on the pmdg737 and others like A320nx. Maybe I need a separate HOTAS profile for this aircraft. I’m certainly not engaging it by pressing the button. Weird.

I get the impression from release notes (which suggested they made the wasm/encryption dev mode (false) message go away) there is no wasm/encryption compile issue. Who knows for sure. The silence is deafening.

3 Likes

Speed brake binding has always given me problems on certain jets. The only place it works fine is on the PMDG 737 and the A32NX. So when it happens on the other ones, i just remove the binding and use the mouse and get it over with.

1 Like

If I understand their discord correctly, there was a wasm issue, but not the one everybody was looking for in the packages folder. The files will not appear there, and there is also no long loading time on first load required. So quite some confusion indeed.

2 Likes

The WASM doesn’t require to create a dll anymore with the new update. Having a lone work folder inside packages is completely normal and expected now. As long as you’re getting all green checks in the WASM module test in dev mode, you’re fine.

Regarding the “break”, i still have it too. I think it’s up to Microsoft when they push the 1.16 which has all the updated textures, though not sure who’s causing the delay in that regard. If you don’t want to see the “break”, you can uninstall the enhanced version hence the base version has all the updates texture fixes.

Ok, tnx.
Im not going back to beta - so guess I have to wait until this fix is pushed to live.
The Break-Brake was irony: totally unimportant fix, while Wasm/compile-bug is barely mentioned anywhere although it makes the plane unflyable for a lot of ppl.

It’s not over. They vouched to keep improving the performance. WASM after all had little to do with anything performance related.

Despite their tool tips suggesting there is a long compile time and posts on this thread suggesting there would be too. It’s not much wonder we are all confused! So how is performance then on the beta if there has been no wasm compile update? Improvements achieved by pulling ground radar? or is it still there?

1 Like

i have no egpws callouts anymore after the su11 beta, anyone else?

1 Like

For me performance is now comparable to Fenix A320, just a bit lower I would say, but very acceptable now.

1 Like

Im on xbox, can anyone tell me where the A310 file is in content manager?

Hello EllsGaming,

I fly the Route today with the A310. The plane did not fly the DME-ARC in Arrival.

Greetings,
Sascha.

I’ve flown it quite a bit and the profile mode does exactly what you’d expect: It automatically descends according to altitude and speed restrictions of every waypoint.

If you want to do a test, after cruising, select the altitude of a FAF for example and press the button where you select the altitude. The DES mode will remain armed and will only be automatically activated in TOD making the aircraft descend all the way to the FAF. Then you just land!

1 Like

Your fuel there shows 45.9tn you need to set your fuel level on the EFB

APU bleed needs to be on. Please follow the in-sim checklists

1 Like