Airbus A310-300

No problem, they’re very informative, to the point, and easy to watch!

You have to assign your button to ‘Autopilot Off’. You will then be able to click it once to disable and a second time to silence the alert. I think many have it set to ‘Autopilot toggle’.

3 Likes

Xbox X 1.29.29.0 - A310 checklist - when starting the checklists, with an item selected, when you click the “Tick item” button at the bottom the selection automatically advances to the next item in the list… but on the Flight Deck Preparation checklist, when you get to “Autobrake switches” it stops advancing. Is this because the checklist is long and the sim can only track so many items? It’s a very small annoyance in the scheme of things, but the change in behaviour is weird and means you have to then select each next item in the list - for a long checklist, it just adds a lot more clicking, which on Xbox becomes a bit tedious…

I went back to the IniBuilds Tutorial, and it shows the same behaviour around the 25 minute and 15 second mark, the list advances with each “tick item” but stops advancing at “autobrake switches”, and he has to then select each next item in the list

[XBOX] Tonight I’m testing my routine for start up the A310 and ATC recognize my route import from Siembrief. I’ve just put start and end airport as VFR flight in the word map. After initial operation just try to contact ATC for check taxing and propose me ifr clearence request. good news :slight_smile: I’ll try tomorrow if it’s work always in this way.

It’s not so friendly for my Logitech auto pilot and switch panel setup my auto throttle switch doesn’t work and it’s not lining up with my Logitech throttle the lights aren’t controllable either

Yes I’ve flown this aircraft and the flaps are wrongly modeled

Anyone been able do do RNAV approaches in PROF mode? I’ve seen iniBuild’s approach tutorial where it’s emphasized to be in NAV + a select vertical mode (everything except PROF) for the FINAL APPROACH prompt on the MCDU to appear.

Still, after many attempts PROF mode doesn’t seem to be working properly. Speed is not managed like it should (green dot, S-speed), and aircraft won’t descend in PROF mode on the approach.

In this video I first aborted the approach as I was not properly configured at FAP (pilot error), then went around and did the approach in V/S mode.

Can confirm this works well. I think I’ll leave it this way for all aircraft. Thanks!!

Make sure you also press the LAND button. That arms LOC and G/S.

1 Like

… but only if the engines are not running. Init B does not show up when you start eg. on the runway.

2 Likes

Unfortunately looks like this aircraft requires AVX support in processor like the Volocity Volocopter we get CTD’s on trying to load the aircraft. All CPU’s prior to Sandy Bridge 2011 do not have AVX support.

Total shame would have loved to fly this aircraft and while I know we’ll get no sympathy from either Asobo or the rest of the community (Just upgrade your PC !) it would still be nice to get an explanation why these 2 aircraft require it while every other aircraft (inc. the amazing FBW A320nx) run perfectly fine on our older PC’s as the game does in general.

2 Likes

I will give it a try what RNAV approach on rwy 8 were you doing

2 Likes

Thanks! RNAV Y from MIKEI.

I also found this in the manual - need to be fully configured with gear down and landing flap in ALT HOLD before FAF:

7 Likes

Howdy ya’ll!

Great airplane. See some great progress in the beta version. Unfortunately still having a major FMS crash (where the left FMS goes blank and the rest of the aircraft functions freeze, although the aircraft is still travelling. I can reproduce it pretty reliably, but I’m going to try reinstalling the aircraft and see if something is off. Just thought I’d throw it out there. Sort of a catostrophic failure especially for a long haul as all aircraft systems/knobs stop responding.

I also forgot to mention, I’m also suffering from the (seemingly) neverending IRS align time. Each minute it says up on the display is like 5 in reality.

Yes I had that too. I set it to instant because of that.

Hello,

when starting APU-bleed N2 rises up to 25%, so i can lift the Fuel levers to spool up the engines without using the ignition knob and the start-engine-buttons first. Weird, isn`t it?

Heres my results

It flew a perfectly all the way down the profile until silex after silex when it required a speed reduction it would not reduce speed and held it to 245,
the Vertical nav portion flew perfect to the MDA all the way. I did not intervene I wanted to see what it was going to do. at the MDA I took over and did a go-around and made a visual hand flew it no A/T

Maybe I did something wrong I thought I had it all dialed in but I’m still learning this airplane as well.

I’ll try again tomorrow figured id give it a whirl after work last night I think I messed up something. it was spot on all the way until silex

I attached three clips I took.

1 Like

That is very interesting to know, since I can’t launch it as well as the Velocopter.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for testing. And the videos were helpful too! I find it’s very hard to slow the aircraft down when descending. I’m not sure if it’s able to do this approach as per the charts as it would require a platform altitude to slow down and get fully configured (gear down landing flaps) before FAP. That would probably require at least 5nm in ALT HLD.