Airbus a320 autopilot broken

Every time I use autopilot on the airbus a320 it keeps going to the right and in circles (not following flight plan) . Anyone else having this problem???

Do you use A32XN mod?

Is it possible the FMC has not captured the leg you are trying to intercept or is trying to fly to the first waypoint but can never catch it because it’s too close? The real thing wouldn’t quite behave like this, of course, but I’ve seen similar things in training that cause weird issues in weird scenarios.

I’ve only flown it once on MSFS so far but, if it mimics the real thing, the next waypoint should be indicated on the NAV display. See if you can use the “direct to” function to go to a farther or next waypoint that is more than 10 miles away. This should give a good clue for troubleshooting purposes.

use this one

https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip

the AP is working and it works with the TQA throttle quadrant ( read the doc inside the …vmaster-cfbw folder. Good luck

Add deadzone to all your pitch, roll, and yaw axis… 5-10% should do the trick.

The same problem for me! And yet, I’ve done many flights before for me without any problem …

1 Like

how to use that , i don t know please help me!

This is if you use the Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle Quadrant

https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip

1: Install latest firmware (1.61) and calibrate your throttle (VERY IMPORTANT) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVI6fy5wzn0&ab_channel=Thrustmaster 3 ( but do for for TOGA/FLX/CLB/IDLE/REV )

2: Delete all A32NX mod that you currently have in your community folder. This includes the one inside the community folder, and the A32NX folder outside the community folder.

3: Start the sim, and delete the control profile you have previously for the TCA Throttle Quadrant. Let it reset to the default.
Reset the sensitivity curve by pressing the Reset button for all axis. And press OK. When you reopen the sensitivity curve, it should be perfectly linear in a straight line. The sim should prompt you to save this new sensitivity curve as a new profile. Save it.

4: Download and install the latest Custom A32NX mod into your community folder: https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip 2

5: Once you install this new custom mod into the Community Folder, run the sim once, and start a flight in any gate of your choosing with the modded A320.
Test your throttle, you should see the detents are not lining up properly. Exit the sim.

6: Go to your Packages Folder (refer to https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/tree/fbw/docs 2), and you should see the new A32NX folder created. Open it, and open the Work folder. You should see the ThrottleConfiguration.ini file.
Open the ThrottleConfiguration.ini file, and replace the contents with this:

[Throttle]
Log = true
Enabled = true
ReverseOnAxis = true
ReverseIdle = true
DetentDeadZone = 2.5
DetentReverseIdle = -0.90
DetentReverseFull = -1.00
DetentIdle = -0.42
DetentClimb = 0.01
DetentFlexMct = 0.53
DetentTakeOffGoAround = 1.00

7: Start the sim again, and your throttle controls should now be perfectly aligned for each detents and sensitivity correctly linear. and the Norm switch works, provided that you keep all the mappings back to the default post-patch.

I have the same issue with the a320 and 787. It is not following the FD. It just veers to the right and goes into a circle descent. It was working fine before the last update. I’m just using a logitech extreme with no mods.

5 Likes

I haven’t flown the A320 much but don’t remember this problem the couple of times I tried before. Like IORIONIVI… I’m using a Logitech Extreme Pro Joystick and have no problems with GA planes but tried the Airbus today for the first time in a long while and it just goes in tight circles. Crazy.

2 Likes

We love nearly 5 months of complete and utter simulation failures. Some of us spent $120USD on this game, to consistently get nothing but issues. It shouldn’t even be taking a whole development cycle to be releasing fixes for aircraft. Every single update has broken the A32x, How you can market this game as one of the most realistic simulators when it has the workings of Forza is unbelievable. Hats off to the guys at flybywire, with no proper SDK and <1% of the funding that MSFS team has, has created a more powerful and more realistic modification and handed it out for free, Maybe these are the guys Asobo should be looking at. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a Work In Progress game, actually makes it more exciting but ■■■■, if you’re gonna focus all your time on scenery and weather as opposed to the actual flight mechanics you may as well called it Microsoft Earth 2020. Game is a joke for any real-world commercial pilots or simmers who don’t wish to fly GA.

3 Likes

There are problems yes but MS/ASOBO is constantly improving and maybe some forget that it is a complete new development and not FSX based code (like P3D).
The infrastructure and approach is also new.
We get the whole world from their servers delivered to our house in more or less state of the art quality, a weather engine, new aircraft, challanges, training, flightplanning etc etc for 120 $ (A PMDG QOTS alone costs 140 $!.. not to mention ORBX , Active Sky ; GSX etc etc ) and in addition there is a dedicated community that sees a future in this simulator and helps to develop it constantly. The game is far from beeing a “joke” as you state

2 Likes

Don’t worry mate… It’s the trend these days. People want perfection at a fraction of the price. And a lot of people these days always look for the faults and escalating it, forgetting to see the positives. People always expect either everything needs to go perfectly well, and if there’s a slight issue, then for some weird reason their brain works made it look like the end of the world and compromise all the good thing it has. It’s like a balance or a mixture of good and bad doesn’t exist for them. It’s either perfectly good, or a complete garbage.

And people always compare things… Like, oh this is better, so everything else is worse. There’s never an opinion that says “it’s different. It’s neither good or bad, just different”.

And people like these are always more vocal. Because when you’re content, you’re at peace so there’s no reason for you to voice anything. But when you find something bad, whether it’s big or small. The forum will be flooded. Giving the assumption that the feedbacks are horrible. Which is not true.

And different people react to issues in different ways. I myself whenever I encounter a bug, I just think to myself, okay here’s a bug. I wonder what’s causing it. Did it occur when I do something on my flight? Let me try again the same way, is it still happening? Let’s see if I do something a little different, do I still get the issue? No? Well, I guess this is how I’m going to do it from now on. Problem solved, I’m not upset anymore, I don’t have to say anything. Then there’s other people, who just experience an issue. Boom, instantly jump to conclusion that the product is a hot garbage mess. We just can’t help it.

3 Likes

Well said, from my experience autopilot is heavily broken in every plane.

Thing that bothers me the most is that it is prone to skip waypoints next to each other, unable to fly certain SIDs, STARs. I dont risk online flying with it :frowning:

2 Likes

I think the skip waypoints is something to do with the navigation system in the sim. It doesn’t seem to be an aircraft-specific autopilot issue.

I don’t mind flying online even with those bugs… you know why? Because I’ve never seen anyone else on multiplayer, and even if I’m flying with a friend I could park side by side with both multiplayer on and on the same server and we still can’t see each other.

Brief description of the issue:My auto-pilot don’t work

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:When i activate auto-pilot on the 320 (cap, alt, Spd,) the plane starts to turn right or left indefinitely without following my instructions that I had previously added to the auto -pilot

yes but i meant flying on IVAO / VATSIM / PE. in a busy space its mandatory to follow ATCs instructions

I had a similar issue with the plane wanting to input rudder which caused the autopilot to counter with a roll to the respective side. When you engage autopilot look at the external view and see if the rudder is deflected…if it is I suggest checking and removing any brake axis to your rudder pedals or whichever controller you have bind to the brake axis.

Here is a link to a post that gives some basic steps to take in these types of issues.
If you are still having problems after doing these, let us know.

Yes… the same thing happens to me… even after this latest update. I does the same thing on heading using the autopilot. Completely useless plane. I keep seeing others using it though so I wonder is it in my set up? Happens with NX mod too… so go figure…

1 Like