Aircraft Carrier Global LVFR

I agree it’s fun! I gave it 4/5 and once they get the catapult, wire system and being able to turn on damage modeling working it will be a 5/5.

1 Like

Indeed, I know improvements are coming, but I still love this addon. Besides LVFR has had XBox users covered from day 1. They have had faith in us, so I’ve got faith in them.

1 Like

@DROGUSA I’m new to Xbox and am loving MSFS. How do I find this addon? I did a search in games but did not find it. Thanks :slight_smile:

it is in the marketplace in the sim

It’s in the marketplace on Xbox. Technically it’s a scenery pack but once you have it it shows up as an airport in game.

Found it. Loaded but I do not see arresting cables at all. Do you know if they are in the Xbox version?

Nope.

The PC versions work with an external program or some modded tricks which will probably never come to Xbox.

The Indiafoxtecho T45 just got updated with its own catapult and arrestor functions. That might be implemented on Xbox too as it works on established buttons. Not sure.

Xboxers might have to wait until the Top Gun thing next May. I presume it’ll add functions that other developers can use.

Thank you for all the replies. I realize now that I did not pay close attention to some of the comments about not having lunch catapult or arresting cables. My nephew I’ve been trying to land the F 18 on a carrier for about a day and have had only one successful landing. LOL. It’s crazy but super fun. I am enjoying them and home they can add those soon. Thanks again everyone.

Help: new to xbox i purchased Aircraft global but can’t figure out where to go to access it.

First thing to do with it is go to your content manager and make sure there are no updates.
The Carriers will show up in game as airports on the world map. If you look of the coast of California by San Francisco there is one there.
A bunch are sprinkled through the world, look at his comments with the game

Thanks for the info

Xbox series X

I bought it.
I was able to take off and land on the T-45C Goshawk using LAUNCH BAR and TAIL HOOK.
I never thought it would be so much fun to take off and land on an aircraft carrier.

3 Likes

Hi. I hope you can help me. I bought the T-45C yesterday and I can’t seem to get the launch bar to work. It won’t even highlight when I hover over it. I’ve tried setting a button to toggle it and it still doesn’t work. Any help would be appreciated, as I really want to try carrier takeoffs.

Place the front gear on the rails.
Set LAUNCH BAR.
LAUNCH BAR is to the left of LANDING GEAR LEVER.
Take off by raising THROTTLE.

I’m using translation, so I’m sorry if I made a mistake.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time out to answer my query. I will try it later. I have had to uninstall it for now as it keeps crashing my sim to desktop. Thanks again.

Excellent! Now I need to purchase this plane as well, :rofl:

Has Microsoft / Asobo given any hints or details on when the SDK is to be changed to allow you guys to do this, or have they not?

They haven’t yet.

I’m unable to find catapult on any carrier via series x version. Also for whatever reason unable to take off from them. Flaps set… full power holding brake… release and shoot toward edge but never will lift before giving me crashed message and back to start again

There are no catapults or cable on these carriers as yet as the game does not support it directly for now.
You need to turn off crash detection for take off or landing ( turn it back on when in the air if you like).

1 Like