Aircraft Carrier Global LVFR

Gotcha thanks a bunch

Just picked it up on a whim and have to say the in store rating is a shame as I think it deserves higher. You’re getting exactly what’s on the tin as they say.

As an aside the T-45C is perfect when paired with the carriers since it has it’s own catapult launch and arrester hook functions built into the aircraft.

2 Likes

These are not designed for landing professionally. They are like airports and landmarks. Its a stagnant item. Wait after the Top Gun Movie releases. FS will release an add-on “Maverick”. The carriers will look insane and have landing and catapult features.

1 Like

I look forward to those carriers , hopefully they move as well. But for now it scratched that itch.

Guys, I bought this carrier addon for the XBox SX.
I do not care about the missing launch pad. All I need to know is how to navigate off and back to the carrier. Are there any ILS (nah…there won’t), Tacan or VOR settings for each carrier? I did not see any what makes getting back to the aircraft carriers very hard. esp in bad weather conditions.

Yes at the moment unfortunately you are stuck with VFR. It would be nice if they added in something to at least get us there in bad weather. For now it’s a sunny day flight.

Looool :smiley_cat:

On PC here. I had to restart MSFS after Market Place buy and download. The airport codes did not show up at first…

First safe landing crashed into one of these jets… and there’s this weird guy :thinking:

Let’s try Bleriot Gnome … low graphics, else I active pause gives trouble… first attempt, I won’t post a black screen, I could rudder my way out of it after touchdown at this angle, but I think I don’t have the airspeed to get there anyway :grimacing:

I bought this pack off the Marketplace a few days ago and I’m having a blast just doing carrier touch and go’s in the Hornet and Tomcat, despite no ability to trap/cat launch these on Xbox.

However, are there any plans to add navaid functionality (TACAN/VOR) to the carriers?
Personally, I think they’re almost as crucial as the cats and wires and that it would be awesome to try these approaches under LIFR etc.

@Richie81 Since theres a good chance xbox users are unlikely to see a functional carrier for some time, therefore just out of raw curiosity: does the SDK allow you to add navaids to this or any other 3rd party addon? If so, how much of a process would it be?

Also, at some point, would there be any way to add another CVN off the Gulf Coast of either TX or FL? Only asking because all of INDIAFOXTECHO’s awesome T45C liveries are of those based at NAS Kingsville, NAS Meridian and NAS Pensacola.

Thanks!

1 Like