Aircraft Creator tool WIP announcement

Hello everyone, hope you’re well. I’m glad to announce that I’m working on an HTML-based tool called “Aircraft Creator” which will help aircraft developers. The tool generates panel.cfg and aircraft.xml files with just a few clicks instead of writing code.

Instalation:
Just download the below file, save it as Panel.html and open it in browser. Next instructions are in the file itself.
Panel.txt (56.7 KB)

Please remember that the tool is work-in-progress.

Current (v2.2) features:
Panel.cfg generator:

• glass cockpit screens (G1000, G3000, G3X and more)
  • GPS devices (GNS430, GNS530)
  • radios and transponders

[Aircraft.xml] generator:

• basic flight control surfaces
  • wheels and retractable gears
  • engine levers (throttle, mixture etc.)
  • light switches
  • some basic flight instruments
  • engine gauges
  • yokes

Please note that more features will be added in the future, the tool is in active development. You can request for features in comments, really appreciated :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Excellent, hope everything goes well, I was just wondering whether it may be possible to include within the tool in the near future, making whole aircraft from some sort of pre built templates, so developer’s can use this to create freeware aircraft of different types of aircraft/panels/Ai aircraft/Repaints aircraft etc.
SDK permitting! :laughing:
Best wishes for the New Year

1 Like

I’m glad to see that someone uses the tool. I’ll constantly update it, so maybe in the future… :slight_smile: . I’m going to add as many features as possible :wink:

Aircraft Creator v2.3 is out now!

Installation
Just download the below file, save it as Panel.html and open it in browser. Further instructions are in the file itself.
Panel.txt (65.7 KB)

Please remember that the tool is work-in-progress .

New (v2.3) features:

[Aircraft.xml] generator:

• optimised < Include > sections
  • added support for multiple (up to 4) LOD models
  • added glider features (tow-release handle and yaw string)

License:
Feel free to use the tool to any aircraft projects, both freeware and payware.