Aircraft Put in Out-of-Control State When Interacting w/ Xbox OS

I have seen the same problem in my Xbox series S. When I walk away for awhile, the display “times out”. Also, if I hit the dynamic pause the screen will still “time out”. When I wake the system up again, my planes go into a nose dive even with autopilot enabled. Very annoying.

I made a great save the other day after my 6yo woke up and came downstairs for a bit(TBM @ 25K cruise) Can’t’ believe I didn’t break the plane in the process of recovering. I got the plane back under control with just about all of back ele and full right aileron(yoke), can’t remember what I did to ‘break’ the bad control situation. I do believe I used the mouse to select something(not AP) on the panel and suddenly everything worked correctly again. Heck of a ‘failure’ scenario, whee. It’s happened a couple other times, but found that the flight was boring enough for me to walk away from it for a while I just let the aircraft grenade itself.

It is extremely frustrating that this has not even been acknowledged, flagged as feedback or anything.

This is, absolutely, still occurring as of SU10 beta .13.

Here is a video of what is happening to the aircraft’s controls when the Xbox “Nexus” aka Home button is pressed on the controller. In this case, I have the Thrustmaster TCA Boeing yoke & two Boeing throttle quadrants along with Thrustmaster TPR pedals connected to the Xbox.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRdWwtwuZph5HDLJEfzuYtpcdt3

What is not captured here is the moment I’ve pressed the Xbox “Nexus” button. I do that and then press B to immediately return to the sim. You see the camera control, which is the right thumb “Hat” switch is out of control and orbiting the aircraft, note the control surfaces are hard pegged for a left roll and the flaps (whose physical axis on the throttle quadrant is in the Up position) have been fully extended. As soon as I just bump the right thumb “Hat” switch, the entire issue rectifies itself, including the flaps retracting.

This is a totally frustrating and irritating bug that needs to be recognized, please.

If this is an issue with Thrustmaster, then that needs to be communicated, so I can reach out to their support team.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

During flight pressing Xbox button to switch to dashboard. When switching back to Sim plane go’s crazy.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

See above

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox + Velocity One

1 Like

Here is another view of an aircraft’s control surfaces when the sim has been paused via the Xbox “nexus” button.

This is the state of the control surfaces upon returning to the sim. Note the ailerons, the elevator and the rudder all in a position hard against their stops.

No wonder the aircraft will be in an out-of-control state upon resuming a flight.

In this case, I have a Thrustmaster Hotas One connected. Note that, at the time the sim was paused via the Xbox nexus button, there was no input on the flight stick. It is sitting in its neutral position even now as I type this and the control surfaces remain in those positions.

1 Like

Ive been dealing with this forever. Active pause BEFORE hard pausing the sim will avoid this 100% of the time. God forbid I accidentally hit my home button, then I have to idle throttle and apply full right roll before unpausing to lessen the blow of the plane going into a hard left death spiral or stressing the airframe into a crash.

Yes, and the fact that it hasn’t even been acknowledged — even after posting two Zendesk tickets and providing video & screenshot footage — makes me fearful we really will be dealing with it forever.

Argh.

I find, on xbox, that if you are increasing or decreasing speed/throttle, the airspeed continues in said trend while in live pause.
Great for short take offs from carriers etc, or cheesing a difficult landing - but not only breaks the fourth wall, it eviscerates the fourth wall…

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no addon except liveries

the aircraft is out of control and crash.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Flight from paris cdg to palermo. Fl350, ap on. Crash on Elbe island. Just like when you paused the game with su9.
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

xbox

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have connected a mouse and use a mouse jiggle which keeps MSFS awake during the flight. Hope that helps.

Also having this issue with the TCA Captain Pack X. I was not have this problem with the T.Flight Hotas One for some reason.

If I turn off my mouse and xbox controller and only have the TCA connected, it does not do this.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thrustmaster-tca-captains-pack-x-xbox-home-button-causing-all-flight-controls-to-move/567974/2

1 Like

With a resume after a game pause sometimes the aircraft dramatically turn to left/right with consequent land crash

Put game in pause (NOT ACTIVE PAUSE, I refer to pause menu) for a while then resume the game

System:

XBOX Series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Well, the only thing i can think of is, when hitting the active pause when the airplane is not straight and level.

the “active pause” does not account for decending and ascending, somehow the pitch up, makes for the aircraft to slow down, even though it’s on pauze, to such an airspeed that it will simply drop out of the sky. Same goes for the nose down attitude, when i first used active pause, i had the nose down, as i was looked at something else, i heard the overspeed warning come to life, even with throttle closed.

So, now I usually make sure the airplane is stable, meaning, straight and level, not accelerating/decellerating or ascending/decending… the world around the aircraft is still active, and also the motion of the aircraft’s inner workings, even though it’s only graphically perfectly still in the air. If you really want to be safe, dont active pause, but just hit escape to pause.

Happy flying, Capt’n.

Also, it’s possible to run out of fuel while on active pause or over stress the engine or airframe. That’s the downside of the “active”part.

I don’t speak about active pause but pause menu, the one with ACTIVITIES, ASSISTANCE OPTIONS, GENERAL OPTIONS and CONTROLS OPTIONS

The thing to remember is that active pause does not pause the aircraft: it pauses the world outside.

This means that if the aircraft was slowing, climbing, banking or whatever, it will carry on doing that until you unpause, then you’ll have to wrestle it back under control.

Better to hit ESC and properly pause.

Do you read what I wrote before your post?

Yes, but doing it that way never results in what you describe.

I disabled all standby options from XBOX settings but with A310-300 by iniBuilds if I put the game in pause for a while I always expericend an airplane crash (the last time all airplane display goes off). In this way, without a working save/load option it’s impossible to perform a flight (only real time that for me with a baby at home it’s impossible)

Do you have a keybind setup on a peripheral that controls a mixture lever and/or a condition lever? I had a similar issue with the A310, specifically, due to that. The issue seems to be that if the condition and/or mixture lever is in a cut-off position (maybe even in a mid-mixture or low idle position, too) it was shutting down the 310’s engines, which is then shutting down the generators, which is why the displays go dark and the airplane loses control.

Check to make sure that isn’t the case, for you.

The issue with the 310 is a different issue to that of the bug/issue described in this thread.

See: