Aircraft Registrations

The actual location on my system for the Bonanza_G36 Aircraft.cfg is:

X:\Jonty\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36

Open the aircraft.cfg file in the aircraft folder, scroll down to the [FLTSIM.0] and edit line atc_id

All other default aircraft are in the folder

X:\Jonty\Official\OneStore\

I have only manually updated aircraft.cfg files to date and haven’t tried the renamer application yet but I assume if it is pointed in the right direction it will work.

This is a useful file

Thanks for the expansion, I’ll try it on return from work.

Perhaps its just me but I’ve changed my registration on the Cessna 172 (G1000), have shut the sim down and restarted it a few times and that registration has stuck. I’d say for the last 3 or 4 flights, I haven’t had to re-enter that info. Again, I cannot be sure that this is “fixed”, however, as my sim sits right now, the registration I have entered has remained.

Since the latest update the aircraft registration is being remembered. Unfortunately globally so every airplane has the same registration number now. So if I give my Cessna 172 the correct german registration D-EABC every other airplane will have it too, like the ultralights that must have a D-M… number or the A320 that must have D-A… So basically that fix has cost time and money and is useless, I still have to change it every time I change the plane.

Edit: And I have just noticed that this thread - which was suggested to me by the forum system - is actually pretty old and even the last reply was made 10 days ago. Apologies. Still, valid.

For me it’s ok because i only fly the A320 and so the fix works for me

Yes unfortunately it was the wrong fix really. If aircraft.cfg item atc_id_enable = 1 or 0 was functioning as intended then we’d have working registration per livery from the atc_id item and show/not show from atc_id_enable.

This is being remembered for me, but only that one registration across all aircraft.

But it would be nice to have it saved per aircraft, per livery. An in-game update to the registration field per aircraft and livery would be ideal, writing to the aircraft.cfg file

This can be done manually in the aircraft.cfg file…

“Yes unfortunately it was the wrong fix really. If aircraft.cfg item atc_id_enable = 1 or 0 was functioning as intended then we’d have working registration per livery from the atc_id item and show/not show from atc_id_enable.”

As I said in the post above you. How about we combine to a new wish

This item was delivered as part of World Update I.

For anyone hoping for registrations to be saved for different plane types, here is a topic:

For registrations by individual liveries, here is a topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/separate-registration-for-each-plane-livery/362282