Airplane banks left and right nonstop

This is a weird behavior, I am flying Longitude on a long haul, it banks left and right constantly on Nav, if I switch to Heading it stops, what is the possible cause for that?

Yup. That roll oscillation is a bug that got re-introduced with the last patch. They had just fixed it the previous patch and now it’s back.

There’s a mod posted on the forum that will fix that if you search for it.

1 Like

they even said they toned it down a few patches ago and I dont see a difference. it shouldnt even be in the sim because its very unrealistic

They outright fixed it 2 updates ago. The Longitude worked perfectly. This last sim update broke it again.

2 Likes

Yep. CJ4 too. Makes me feel quite seasick…

2 Likes

I didn’t find that mod. Can you kindly point me to that link.? Thanks.
By the way after completing 3/4 of the flight it went back to normal, I don’t know what was wrong in the coding

I had the same problem and changed the realistic settings from custom to (don’t remember but was 2 options) and it worked immediately

Can you please tell me how to access to the realism setting?

Have you tried using the YD (yaw damper). It seems to work for the CJ4

It’s an AP bug. Originally, the Longitude did the dolphin dance nonstop. Asobo “fixed” it, instead introducing a nasty roll oscillation when at cruising altitude.

2 updates ago, they finally fixed it. The Longitude worked as it was supposed to.

With this last December update, the broke the Longitude again and the roll oscillation is back.

1 Like

Neither of those issues are related to what’s being reported here. What’s the point of posting this here?

@NormalAlmond941

This is the mod that fixes many of the issues for the Citation Longitude untill we have an offical fix.

This fixed the problem, thank you !

My TBM does that all the time, think my neck gets a kink in it after a long flight being crooked… Its always wing down most of the time on auto pilot, tried to fix it with rudder trim, was doing the trick, until aircraft went into a spin… Took 12,000 feet to recover the spin, but survived…

I found out, that there is a small work around without installing the mod. When I created a flight with the Longitude, I manually removed all waypoints in the flight plan, and had only one startpoint at the airport and the endpoint at the entry of the arrival path. With this, the rolling disappeard. But as soon as you have one waypoint in your path again. the rolling comes in again. This is not nice, but it works for me for shorter flights up to 400Nm distance.

I used to have the situation with flybywire mod for a320. I was stopped when you push a button overhead. I’s now not persist tho.

Okej i had the same problem and the fix to me was
Go to options, flight model och change to modern…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.