Airport labels

Is it possible to remove or just move airport labels in map view? Right now many gate positions are covered by the label.

rgds
Søren

2 Likes

I agree. Those labels are very obtrusive. But I’m not aware of any fix.

Hi there,
There is a relevant Wishlist topic for this:

CC: @danzio56

1 Like

there is. don’t select the ariport as depature, but only zoom in on the details. clicking anywhere next to the airport gets rid of the info box.

Hi Marc,

Thx - but I normally load a flightplan (Simbrief) before ‘flying’, and the departure and arrival airports are already entered. I do prefer to select the gate using the map view instead of the dropdown menu - but if no other solution is available, I’ll use the dropdown box from now on.

rgds
Soren

Hi Soren,

doesn’t your flightplan change in the sim as soon as you pick a gate from the worldmap? Because for me it does all the time. Only when selecting a gate from the dropdownmenu my flightplan is kept intact. Never tried with simbrief thou. I use Little Navmap for planning my route.

I remember a couple of YouTube videos that specifically said you should not use the diagram to select gate, ramp or any other parking if you’ve imported your FP from the World Map because it changes many of the FP parameters. Just FYI.

Marc, Dan

Thx for your comments. I haven’t really noticed any changes when selecting from the map, but on the other hand I haven’t checked the FP afterwards - at least not in all details.

I’ll use the dropdown menu instead now going forward.

Søren

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.