Alaska Milk Run

Great weather for it right now… right down to minimums! ( and a good excuse to dust off the PMDG -700 )

Alaska Airlines - Milk Run
737-700
Flight 61: Seattle - Juneau - Yakutat - Cordova - Anchorage. KSEA PAJN PAYA PACV PANC
Flight 62: Anchorage - Juneau - Sitka - Ketchikan - Seattle. PANC PAJN PASI PAKT KSEA
Flight 64: Anchorage - Juneau - Petersburg - Wrangell - Ketchikan - Seattle. PANC PAJN PAPG PAWG PAKT KSEA
Flight 65: Seattle - Ketchikan - Wrangell - Petersburg - Juneau - Anchorage. KSEA PAKT PAWG PAPG PAJN PANC
Flight 66: Anchorage - Cordova - Yakutat - Juneau - Seattle. PANC PACV PAYA PAJN KSEA
Flight 67: Seattle - Ketchikan - Sitka - Juneau - Anchorage. KSEA PAKT PASI PAJN PANC

the frozen rampie is a nice touch.

9 Likes

The Alaska Airlines milk runs are among some of the coolest flights in the world. They’re on my bucket list!

1 Like

same here… was watching some guy’s YT video of the full SB route last night after flying it NB in game…

must. do. :wink:

1 Like

Is there any airline flying similar routes with the A320? I only fly FBW and I don’t have any PMDG plane. And I love those routes to Alaska.

I flew the Milk Run with the A320!

1 Like

Sometimes I’m so purist that I don’t realize how many opportunities of have fun I’m really missing. You’re right, why not enjoy these flights with the lovely FBW?

Those hardcore simmers… they have forgotten how to enjoy with simple things :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, why not? fly with a DC-3 if you like! :wink:

1 Like

mmm… what a great idea for new year’s eve. Start new year with that route flying all the night. Although with the DC3 could be a serious real PITA. Very long flight. And the meteo can make it a interesting challenge.

Anyway, thank you for give me the idea!

I fly the SE AK milk runs several times a year in the real world. My best advise is to do it in the summer. Beautiful views at low altitude especially between KTN, WRG and PSG. Many of the approaches/departures take you down narrow inlets and fjords only accessible due to Alaska Airlines proprietary RNP capabilities. You can do it in the winter, but be ready for a very bumpy ride with nothing much to look at out the window.

2 Likes

Thank you for that great tip!

Definitely… I was just looking for a challenge with R/W weather. Breaking out of overcast into blue skies and puffy clouds is pretty awesome too. MSFS is the first to really capture that particular feeling IMO. Some of my favorite R/W flights were instrument training w low overcast and tops at 3,000. Loved capturing the ILS and descending through a solid cloud layer, then popping out just above minimums with the runway right in front of you…

but, yes - Alaska is gorgeous in summer :wink:

I’d watched this last night and wanted to take a break from single digit frames at DD’s KEWR, so was playing around in this area ( which I’d never heard of before )

Looks night and day better in summer or with a WX preset.

McCarthy - PAMX ( Wrangell - St Elias NP )

looks like a blast thanks for sharing.