All Aircraft External Lighting Flickering

Wonder if DirectX 12 implementation will change anything?

I wonder how. Everytime I try to install Nvidia settings panel it just crashes. Sometimes I get a message saying the Nvidia panel is not available for this driver (.77) because itā€™s not supported. Thanks for your reaction though. Iā€™ll give it a try again.

Guru3d.com has Display Driver Uninstallerā€¦ Use that and reinstall your drivers.

I had to navigate to display properties to get to the Nvidia panel. I think I was able to get to it via Windows settings. I donā€™t use Nvidia Experience. Curious if todays update fixed the problem.

Iā€™m not sure, but with new Update 7 and Directx12 I think flickering and artifacts with external lights are gone. Anyone confirm? Talk amongst yourselves. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That sure would be great. I will test today.

Tried it, lights good so far. Latest driver, direct 11 and 12. Probably just jinxed myself.

Works for me on SU7 (driver 471.41). With the same driver and settings it was reproducing for me on SU6, so looks like Asobo fixed it in the latest update.

1 Like

Not for me it didnā€™t. After a short while the same issue appeared again. I have now reverted back to 466.77 and havenā€™t had an issue since. I canā€™t use the Nvidia Control Panel as it crashes as soon as I call up the 3D settings for specific programs, but I had the settings on default anyway.
AND: Rolling back to 466.77 seems to have fixed horizontally ā€˜rippedā€™ screens as well.
I have no clue what the technical issue is, and I am usually all for updating drivers - updates must have a reason, no? - but in this case, the older driver seems the way to go for affected systems.

Nothing whatsoever to do with FBW A320ā€¦ I can get this flickering in any aircraft at nightā€¦

Yupā€¦ DX12 slows the system down rendering it unusable right nowā€¦

Iā€™m on DX11 with of course SU7 and latest NVidia drivers and flew a few FBW A320 flights this weekend. Havenā€™t seen flickering yet. But sounds like itā€™ll prob happen. Dangit.

for me it was actually an outdated version of FSUIPC7 that i used, after updating to the current version there are no flickering lights and no motion pixels, maybe this will help one or the other

I donā€™t have that installed. But I can report I havenā€™t seen the flickering returnā€¦yet

Bit of a strange one here as this issue cropped up for me a couple of days ago, most obviously on the CJ4 with the landing/taxi lights but also on the TBM as well now. All was perfect before and I was using SU7/GOTY with no issues previously.

Iā€™m either getting a very pixelated/low res graphics where the light beams are hitting the ground or no illumintaion at all from the taxi/landing lights at all. Seems to be dependent on the viewing/zooming position of the camera as you can get the issue to dissapear momentarily by zooming in/out

Im occasionally getting some screen tearing at the top of the screen (usually when looking around inside the cockpit) too so am assuming the two issues are linked.

Iā€™m using an NVIDIA 2030i card with latest driver, gut feeling is that this is some kind of random graphics bug that may be linked to the other issues weā€™ve been having recently (ATC, weather etc) . No issues on the computer elesewhere : I do a lot of photoshop and high level 3D cad modelling and rendering on my PC with no issues. I use the PC for my work so I dont relaly want to screw the display drivers around just for the sake of the flight sim.

Will try to find an older NVIDIA driver t osee if that fixes issues (cant seem to find anything on their site that matches my card though) and might be really daring and try DX12 as a (foolish) experimentā€¦

One thought, I havent upgraded windows yet to 11ā€¦hmmā€¦

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

I hope I can help.

Iā€™m having similar issues, to include the screen tearing at the top of the screen. Iā€™m still on 496.98 drivers (never updated due to CTD issues) so you can rule out new drivers causing it.

First noticed when flying the h135 helicopter after SU7 but noticed it again in a Lufthansa livery 747-8. Itā€™s intermittent and goes away with a restart of the sim.

497.29 just dropped. Anyone try it yet?

1 Like

yep. first flight was great and i changed every weather condition possibleā€¦ and upon my second flight it suddenly started tearing my top screen to shreds and the landing light reflections on the runway had mosaic artifacts :frowning: frustrating

2 Likes

6 Months later and there is still no fixā€¦
The problem is worse than before with glitchy pixels at the top of the screen. The bug isnā€™t even logged. Iā€™ve really lost my patience and trust with this ā€˜simā€™. Such a shame.