All Aircraft External Lighting Flickering

This bug/glitch is still there after Sim Update 6. Nvidia GTX 1660, latest driver 496.13. Render scaling 100. Changing the render scale to a lower value makes the glitch a bit less annoying. Changing the value above 100 makes it worse. Full clean reinstall of the Nvidia driver doesn’t fix it for me.

Same here.
GTX1070, updated driver yesterday. It’s been like that since SU5.

Yup just updated to 496.13 and it’s still there. 471.11 did too. Might have to try 466.77 as mentioned above…

Edit: I can confirm 466.77 works fine with no flickering.

Still partying hard…

newest nvidia drivers
2080ti
4k and 100% scaling

Is this with the new .49 driver?

Iam also getting the flickers will mostly notice during approach when I turn my exterior lights all on. I usually notice it happens at night and when there is a dev version update during my flight which is the fbw 320 I use. Do you think due to there being an update and flying and not being to update during flight is causing the light bug. I can go hours days without it happening until late at night when updates come out more often. I update the version go back into the Sim and no more flickr. At first I thought it may be because they turned raytracing off in su5 so I turned it back on and it still happened on a flight last night just before coming into Vancouver. I turned off contact shadows ambient occlusion and raymarche reflections which works. Check the install and usually have an update. Is everyone that is having the issue using g the dev version 320 from fbw and having the issue after a dev update.

1 Like

I get the flickering/blocky landing/taxi lights on the a320, CJ4 and 172 at night. You are saying turning off contact shadows, AO and raymarch fixes it?

It transfer to files. So if you are getting the blocky artifacting on the 320 it will go to other aircraft you spawn in. Turning off those three things seems to help alot you may still get a odd flash but not to the extent as with all three on. I just switch to the stable version cause Iam getting a feeling it may only happen if there is a fbw dev version update while your in Sim. You have to exit Sim update to avoid possible bugs such as what I was experiencing. Most updates come out later at night and I always have an update when i notice it happens

I’m not sure it’s related to the Dev FBW320. Tonight I tried the new driver with the Grand Caravan- got the flickering blocky landing lights right away. Switched back ( once again ) to driver.77 and all lights work fine.

I’m glad I found this thread. I have a GTX 1070, had the flickering lights since early summer but couldn’t identify the cause. Rolling back to 466.77 seems to have stopped the flickering for me also. Thanks.

2 Likes

Ok, for me it seems the NEW 26.10. released nvidia drivers have now fixed the issue (at least for now)

I am experiencing the very same thing with the lasters nvidia driver 496.49

this is getting frustrating. The flicker is present with every driver after 466.77, even with the newest one from oct 26th

Please note: 466.77 works fine!

nope. they have not

I said, FOR ME. ■■■■■■ thing if it’s not working for you, but it does for me.

Still this should definitely be on asobos list of things to fix as soon as possible.

It seems to be all external lights on any aircraft… It’s easier to see on the A320, stock or FBW. Depends on your camera angle as well - if you’re looking dead ahead, you won’t always see it. I’ve been having this issue since SU5 as well.

and while they’re at it… fix the ■■■■ R Mouse look locking out your flight controls!

2 Likes

Replying just to keep this thread alive. Still flickering.

2 Likes

The only fix so far is driver 466.77.

1 Like

Going back to Nvidia driver 466.77 definitely works! But the Nvidia settings/configuration app doesn’t work with older drivers. I need the configuration app to work because I need to put the V-Sync on ‘fast’ otherwise I’ve a massive amount of screen tearing in the sim. Asobo please contact Nvidia to sort it out! Please!

I am running .77 and V-Sync is available in the Nvidia panel- I have it set to Fast.