All autopilots still don't work properly

I am still disappointed that none of the autopilots work correctly. None of the aircraft can follow a GPS or vor track. The aircraft, no matter which one, will weave left and right the entire time seeking the track. This has been a bug since the alpha, will it ever get resolved?

for the last few days i flown the PA28 and thought it would need updating, but only today trying other GA planes, i realised just that, that not a singel planes AP works, some are able to hold a heading but nothing more then that.

Yeah heading hold is fine but vor or GPS course hold doesn’t work. Alt hold only works sometimes as well. When it doesn’t it nose dives me into the ground haha

1 Like

somehow managed to make the 208 noPod follow course…

EDIT:
it doesn’t :confused:

1 Like

Hahah, nice. I see the flight plan in the VFR map isn’t loaded in the garmin.

it was (first screen), until something decided it wont folow the courese anymore

Ah yes I see. Strange the fpl disappeared on the second image.

Anyone experiencing any improvement in 1.18.15.0?

Im still struggling with the 787 autopilot - heading select stuck etc…

My autopilot has not worked properly since update 5 and still doesn’t after the two fixes including the “15” today. The airplane will not follow the red GPS route. It usually flies several miles parallel to the correct course, but misses the destination airport. This is true of all the airplanes I’ve tried.

1 Like

Tbh the 787 is pretty broken - systems and performance (FPS) wise. Not sure when, or if it’ll ever be fixed.

Maybe someone will be kind enough to tell us that they’re aware of the problem and that it will be resolved at a disclosed point of time in the future.

Folks need to specify which Garmin or Rockwell Collins ProLine unit, and if they are using Stock or Working Title or PMS Mods.

You also need to specify if this is a stock airplane or third party.

This is a very nuanced situation. The details matter.

2 Likes

I do not have any addons or anything in my community folder. My MSFS is the basic version right “out of the box”. I installed MSFS 2020 in September 2020, and the auto pilot has worked perfectly until update 5 and subsequent two fixes. Now it’s broken, and I’ve tried it on 4 different types aircraft.

i discovered on some GA aircraft like the cessna 208 caravan and britten islander the autopilots work fine as long as your under 10,000 ft. at or above 10,000ft the autopilot will lose gps tracking or pitch the plane up and try too fly into orbit until it stalls and crashes. if it pitches the plane up turning auto pilot off does not fix the plane will be locked into the upward pitch and willi ignore the pitch wheels so sdjusting pitch work stop it

Go to your market place and download the G1000 update from working title. That will fix navigation issues for all G1000 aircraft and will give you VNAV. Then download the G3000 mod also from working title but not on the market place but will fix navigation issues for G3000 and G5000 aircraft. Then you can download the CJ4 mod also from working title to fix navigation issues for that airplane and also gives you VNAV. For the 787, there is a mod from Heavy Division that should fix nav issues for that aircraft. Of course we all know the fly by wire A320 mood that is back on the market place. Last but not least , there are two more Garmins that are updated by two more mods by working title to fix all of the remaining aircraft. By the way, all of those working title mods will make their way into the base code at some point. This should get you going.

If I download the G1000 from the marketplace, does it automatically replace the G1000s currently in MSFS or do I have to download it into my community folder and go through the B.S. of moving it in and out every time there is an update? Right now, my community folder is empty, and I would prefer to keep it that way. According to comments in the marketplace, that G1000 is an “early version” and may have bugs and other issues.

You can only have one G1000 installed at any time.

SU5 has a stock one not far removed from August 2020, warts and all, but stable. No action needed, it comes with the sim.

Working Title G1000 0.4.0 is the stock G1000 same as above, but with working engine data pages for the MFD. Install in Community folder.

Working Title G1000 NXi is available for free on Marketplace in Early Access (under construction but miles ahead of either stock or 0.4.0). Download from Market place and install when first “bought,” or locate and Install/uninstall in Content Manager. Do not have any G1000 mods in Community folder if using NXi. NXi will override stock G1000 automatically.

Any changes require sim restart.

And to build on CasualClicks post, installing the nxi version on the market place is as simple as clicking on install and your done. No need in finding any files or folders, it is easy.

It simple really, all stock aircraft using stock avionics. Airliners and GA aircraft all have the autopilot issues.

2 Likes

That’s the weird thing. Because I used the stock on the G1000 post HF2 as part of my internal testing to understand any nuances not covered by the release notes, and it works. Tracks point to point and does basic IFR procedures (flawed and incomplete as they are).

1 Like