All cockpits dark after SU10

After the latest update all of my cockpits including those of the A320 are way too dark during daytime and nighttime. Before this update everything was fine but ever since they tweaked the auto exposure now it’s way too dark.

It’s like the new eye adaption effect is not working for me at all. Before SU10 everything was perfect (at least for me) but now it’s just too dark and when flying in overcast conditions I can’t see anything!

Eye adaption, although unrealistic for many, actually made the sim playable for me because at least I could see the cockpit. For the next update or hotfix please bring it back or better yet put it as an option. Putting options is better so that way you don’t have stuff like this forced on you.

5 Likes

Agree. The lighting in the cockpit is quite dark now.

As if they could get any darker. I use Nvidia’s filter to brighten and sharpen things up. If you have an Nvidia card you may want to try it. Detail filter woks best. It’s a trade off.

They should have included the eye adaption as a option not just force it upon us. Yes it’s more realistic but there has to be a tradeoff between realism and playability. For me I can;t fly now because the cockpits are just way too dark now especially at night. So unless they can bring the old version back as a option or I find reshade somewhere I guess I’m taking a break from MSFS for now.

Unless there is a way to tweak the effect file back. I did backup my PC before SU10 so if I can somehow get the auto exposure effect file from the backup that would be nice. Otherwise I don’t know what to do because now even with my monitor at maximum brightness it’s too dark.

2 Likes

Please do not create duplicate topics on the forum. Use your existing topic here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/eye-adaption-has-been-removed/543808