All Landing Challenges gone?

I did all Landing Challenges some time ago. Now in new Challenges Menu I see Landing Challenges: 0%. And each one is marked as not done. Is there something I can do to restore them?
Bush Trips works fine - I see my progress there.

Yes, seems like they have been reset. Alongside bush trips and training flights. And most POIs are marked as new, so I am unable to track those I already visited :frowning:

3 Likes

ya, landing challenges are gone for me too.
poi of interests have been updated within the content manager downloads so that is probably why they are marked as new.
they probably did not save/update the landing challenges because of those new badge you can earn there.
guess we’ll have to do them again.

Same here. I don’t even know if I want to do them again, because the next update will ruin it again. Points are stored, though.
Is there any possiblity to see the landing scores without doing the challenge again?

1 Like

I found the landing challenges and tried LFMN RW22R but for some reason the sim told me I landed on the wrong runway but I landed spot on the blue square! I eventually tried to land on RW22L and then my scores where counted but no blue square there. It also seems to be two score tables behind the scenes, one for 22L and one for 22R??? Must be a bug!!

By the way, it takes a few seconds before the challenges list is populated. Is it downloaded from the net? Is it therefore some people don’t see them?

2 Likes

that reassures me, I’m not the only one to have this bug

Same problem here

Same here. It didn’t keep track of my finished bush trips, but it did keep the progress on the bush trip I’m currently doing (Nevada).

1 Like

I have same issue and lost all of my airport landings and “weekly” challenge landing tracking all set back to 0%. all I had left for completing all achievements were the 500 landings and 6 weekly and I have been playing on premium deluxe since day one. I did have the weekly tracking get reset awhile back also after an update but this time it is more painful of a reset having to restart the 500 airport landings. I noticed this after installing the game on the XSX and the game synced during install and I checked the progress and noticed many things were reset to 0% such as POI smart cam, 500 airport landings, and a couple others I don’t remember at the moment. I played a little while on the XSX and shut it off thinking it would sync with my PC save file correctly later or something. Well I started up PC MSFS and it did the new update of about 60gb and well I am very frustrated because all of that progress is gone also. Is there some way to get any of this back because that was the worst cloud sync issue I have ever had between cross platform games if I/we have lost so much game time. Like I have mentioned I only lacked the weekly landing challenge which never was put out weekly or would have been done and the land at 500 airports. I already completed the fly for 1000 plus hours so that is where my frustration comes in thinking of needing to put at least another 1000 hours in plus to complete the 2 achievements I have been working on since day 1. I’m not planning to open the game for awhile to hopefully have some type of response that can recover the cloud save data of over 1000 hours.

1 Like

Well… I did some of the landing challenges and my previous results are there. When I did worse than my personal best - I got the score, and my best result (previously I wrote my best in text file). But my current grade is related to my new score, it is not updated to results before update.

1 Like

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Since 1.18.14.0 update, lost all progress in Flight Training, Landing Challenges, and Bush Trips
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Just start program and go to view Activities. I had previously completed all flight training lessons, most landing challenges, and was part way through my first bush trip. Now all of that seems to be lost.
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

I went from 250 hours or so to 2 hours. Sigh. Fortunately those stats mean nothing so it doesn’t really affect me but I know it will bug others.Especially the bush trip and challengers loss.

Their testing doesn’t seem quite “there” yet does it.

2 Likes

Same problem here

I’ve been hoping activities progress would be restored by now, but I don’t see it as any acknowledged known issue.
Has anyone been able to recover their progress of activities?

I just played all landing challenges again :smiley:
My previous results are in database, because when I got lower score than before - my previous result appeared as “Best”. But I had to reply challenges to get a Badge

1 Like

That is a very interesting observation, thanks! :smiley:

If i had to guess, it appears that the score in the database is the same, but the devs used another flag in the code for the ui elements (after some patch version), achievement and activity labels/loading completion icons etc, so the ui status is not based on the existence of a db value-score, rather than dedicated flags in the db.

So replaying the challenges, creates the db flag value, while maintaining the old score (i guess if the last score is not higher than the previous one).

No solution?

It just happened to me after the Top Gun update. My settings and my landings and training lost.

Clearly something wrong with the profile

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into the topic.

As title says, landing challenges progress is gone again.

This is what I’ve tried so far:

• removing mods
  • logout and login again
  • reinstalling the whole game after deleting everyting, even the AppData folder (this took a whole day)
  • reinstalled world updates first, didn’t solve the problem

Is there something I can do? This is sad really. There’s no need for progress in Landing Challenges if they delete all of it every bigger update :frowning:

Greetings

More than two years now and this has not been fixed. “New” markers have lost all meaning in the menus and especially the world map. No option to clear them. Whoever is in charge of UI should reevaluate their work. Or just play the sim.

1 Like