All you do is complain complain complain

While I do agree with you, Asobo absolutely needs and deserves constructive criticism where it’s due, and unfortunately that’s not the type of criticism that you’ll mostly find here in the forum.

If they sold MSFS as a product which still needs continual improvements to CORE functionality, we can’t blame them. But if they were promising the world right from the beginning, which they did, then you shouldn’t be surprised by a forum busy with complaints.

1 Like

When people take the forums to complain

Only in gaming…

The Problem with gaming or with Software products in general is:

They get released and shiped unfinished!

Nobody is accepting such a business behavior in any other sector. In Software and gaming we accept it.

Developer and Fanbois need to accept that there are people out there who like to buy a finished product.
(cant find a warning on the MSFS box that the product is early access or not finished until 2-3 years after release)

7 Likes

It says the exact opposite “super accurate simulation”, which it just isn’t. It might get there, but it isnt now.

1 Like

Ok, just to be clear. In the olden days (FSX and earlier), we got 1 or 2 service packs. That was it. Those sims ran well (not perfect) out of the box upon release.

2 Likes

FSX was an updated MS2004 so it should have worked :slight_smile:

That agreement won‘t make them aviation experts though. It takes extensive flight training and theory lesson to understand (!) the basics of aerodynamics. The people working there who have to develop the programs that simulate flight are coders, software developers, game developers, I don‘t know who works for such a company. But they are no pilots nor are they aviation engineers or air traffic controllers. They created a beautiful world and that‘s their expertise. Everything beyond needs sufficiently good advisors. And I think this is what Asobo lack/ed at. And to fill these gaps it needs time.

The sim was (almost) perfectly usable in August, at least that was what MS saw. And to someone who has absolutely no requirements towards correct aircraft behaviour it certainly looked ready. The last few bugs could be ruled out in the aftermath.

Forgive me the sarcasm now, but who could have known that many simmers actually do have some knowledge about aviation? There where millions of copies to sell against a few thousand complainers…

The sim as available on Aug 18th was an insult. But if I blame anyone then it‘s MS who have already published flight sims, who are totally aware of the grown business, otherwise they had never restarted the project. Asobo has certainly become the main actor now as they communicate with „us“. But before Aug18th I‘m pretty sure that MS was the leading part regarding time and effort.

1 Like

Sorry, but if you sell a product (and have a marketplace) you need to be extra careful not to break stuff that people paid for. If you dont want to read topics about people complaining, just skip those topics.

And this is my most played sim and I like it a lot, doesn’t mean I have to ignore problems.

4 Likes

No doubt. Selling deluxe packages that double the purchase price, then breaking this content and turning it basically useless and THEN ignoring this and not having fixed it for 2 updates is an absolute no-go.

My feeling is they don‘t understand the problem.

5 Likes

Sadly, when MS decided to dissolve it’s FS division after FSX, it was the equivalent to the Thanos finger snap. They basically destroyed 25 years of know-how and experience they had built.

If MS would have kept their team and kept going, the whole flight sim community would be much further ahead, I am sure. MS’ flight sims were always pushing the boundaries and setting new highs, that’s what they were known for.

2 Likes

Does Azure come from MS or Asobo? I wonder if we had a world like this if it had stuck to the „orginial“ team(s)

If I would have known last August what I know now, I would have bought the standard version. The deluxe premium is a sad joke.

3 Likes

Azure is a MS product. I think it’s one of their major milk cows these days.

1 Like

Yeah the only aircraft I actually used was the Da20 but they changed the CG so a landing is actually not possible anymore and it can‘t be modded.

Probably the most useless post of all the forum.

Without “complains”, you would still having CTD’s every 5 minutes.

5 Likes

MS did that 9 years ago and failed miserably. Gamers simply are not interested in a flying game if their is nothing to kill, shot or to destroy. Sad thing is they never learn. With every iteration, it was the same: oh this time around, we want to bring the gamers on board. Heard it so many times. Never worked.

2 Likes

$5000.00 for a Desktop computer huh? And then we get all worked up over a $100.00 software investment? This is hilarious. " I paid $100.00 and somebody forgot to include my town in the sim. Asobo fire that guy" Then there are the “experts” who want to tell Microsoft how to run their business ( Microsoft should just buy a Plane Developer). Wonder how they became a multi billion company without these experts before.
Then there is the guy who proudly states he has 200+ hours in the sim, paid good money for it and wants this and that. Thats less than 50 cents an hour. I’d say good value for your money.
I am now looking for the most outlandish requests/statements/demands instead of getting worked up about it.
Meanwhile 2 million ppl are flying happily while 300 complain. Like I said…hilarious.

That‘s probably the most important part. We could probably argue about words and expressions for ages but it won‘t change the problem of a bad feeling all the time. A constant fear that the next update will cause new trouble. And the simple fact that none of the great promises in youtube have become true until know. I remember a video of a guy who praised the 10 or 15 best reasons why MSFS would be the greates sim ever and would suit just everyone, pilot or newbie. And almost every claim was proven wrong on release. I simply can‘t forget this, that video was a bald lie, as simple as that. And this bad feeling can‘t be taken that easily away by arguments, good addons and progress.

2 Likes

Like I said. If you agree to do work that’s beyond your abilities, that is on you, the developer.

As far as the state of MSFS at release, we don’t know who is more to blame. Could be MS moving up a release date when the product wasn’t ready. Could just as easily have been Asobo overpromising on it or having gone past agreed upon milestone dates.

Regardless, we’ve seen how things have gone since release, and it’s sloppy work. There’s no other word for it. Has nothing to do with knowledge of aviation either, it’s just blatantly sloppy release practice and lack of QA.

6 Likes

Yep here I really have to agree. Sloppy and I think they are kind of „unaware“

1 Like