All you do is complain complain complain

tbh, i prefer people on the internet over people in real life…at least on the internet you can block someone you don’t like

But just kind of building on your second point, you can post a bug report here to discuss it with others. that’s the goal. However if you want any sort of real acknowledgement from the developers, visit Zendesk and submit a report there. You may not get a direct response, but at the least you’ll get a form letter saying “we received your bug report and will investigate it as soon as possible.” Sometimes thats the most you can do. Assuming one has already researched the forums to see if a thread exists, but this is something common across pretty much every forum ever and manual human intervention is usually required to organize these threads

A complaint is just venting “i have an expensive computer and this game isn’t running good so boo on the developers.” A Bug report or Feedback report would include what you’re flying, where you’re flying, if you’re running any addons or external apps, your system specs and as much information as possible regarding what happened when you encountered a bug, crash, weird graphical glitch, incorrect whatever yada yada yada. If i were asobo, i’d be more likely to respond directly to a properly filled out report than just some guy complaining about the game running bad, even if a “thanks for the report, we’ve added it to the list!”

You didn’t, but your comment implies Asobo is degrading the sim on purpose. I find this affirmation particularly unfair. Devs are working hard to make a nice flying simulation for everyone. Some things are missing, there is plenty of bugs, but this projet is ambitious and already gorgeous.

Please be patient and respect the work of the hundred people which are working FOR YOU.

give the Asobo folks some time to develop this sim while being able to enjoy the ride of being able to try out their work while they continue to develop the sim…

This is usually called Early Access these days. But not at MS.

Over there it’s the most realistic flight sim ever created. Ha!

Have you ever tried to manually enter a flight plan into the world map?

There is no search function for waypoints or just an input field where I can write down my route in the usual telex format. Instead they want me to look for every intersection and VOR on the world map with the mouse and add it to my route.

This is great for a VFR flight around the corner, but good luck doing a trans-oceanic long haul route this way. Who designs things like these? How can people applaud things like these?

And that is only one example for design and usability problems. Of course you can enjoy the simulator, I do too for the most part. But I see all the glaring issues that we started with and don’t see them fixed in the long term.

But I guess we will see. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hello. Very new here, but I have my opinion.
I can fly full sized aircraft and I’ve been into computer ‘gaming’ since my very 1st Spectrum. I’ve flown most of the sims from Fighter Pilot up to FX. I’ve also flown many full sized commercial sims, so I have a fair idea of the subject.
Microsoft’s current FlightSim offering is not fit for purpose and should not have been released. However, MS are well known for this, as are most other companies in the retail sector. “Sell it to the mug punter, then we’ll fix it.” Sorry, not good enough. I fully appreciate there are those out there who have an exhaustive knowledge of computers, but when a program’s download doesn’t even follow the manufacturers instructions then something is wrong. It took 3 days of trying to load it up from disc, only to find there was then another massive update before you could start.
Start at the beginning, I thought. That was 2 weeks ago and while I don’t have a great deal of spare time I’ve yet to succeed in getting a Cessna to take off. I’ve bought a new joystick and sat down an hour ago to have another try. Ooops. Still loading another update, which from the comments on here is unlikely to make the experience any better. My son is with BA, and the pilots who have seen this all agree it’s far easier to fly a real airliner.
The point is this. If I spend £109 on a food mixer, I expect it to plug in, work and come with all the attachments I paid for. I don’t expect to wait a year for them to develop the egg whisk!
When Asobo took this on there would have been a contract specifying the release date. If they felt they couldn’t meet it, rather than just see it as a quick profit, their integrity should have prevented them from undertaking it.
Microsoft repeatedly refer to this a a “Game”. It most definitely isn’t. It’s a highly sophisticated simulator and while there are many people out there who will appreciate spending hours recreating total reality, there are many more who want more of a simple experience mainly because they don’t have hours on end at their disposal.
FSX was so easy compared to this, and it was highly enjoyable. Ok, you needed to basics and it was as complex as you wanted to make it, but this is just complex from the outset. Although it’s the wrong term, a ‘plug ‘n’ play’ type option would be a real asset.
I have another sim arriving in a couple of days, fraction of the price and highly rated. It’s one I’ve dealt with before and I know it’s a perfectly acceptable sim. I’ll have another go with MSFS in a year or so. Maybe it will be a finished produce by then.

If you have recently updated your Oculus drivers, if you haven’t already seen the thread(s) on here, maybe try unchecking the Public Test Channel option on the Beta tab of the Settings in Oculus Home. Then restart MSFS and your experience will probably be a lot better.

The latest PTC version had increased the frequency of the “Oculus White Flashes” to seizure causing levels, so if that is your issue, the above will work.

2 Likes

Gotta love the irony with the positive Polly comments - god forbid the consumer expect a working and decent product. God forbid people complain!!! We can’t take it!!!

Maybe it’s more about setting expectations. Quit having monthly Twitch updates promising things that can’t be delivered.

Or spend some of that millions that this game has made and hire more devs. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Exclude the graphic problems and slow downs even on high end systems, just to understand, are you happy enough with the simulation itself?

Half of the planes I love to fly, specially jets, are plenty of bugs and functions that don’t work properly! So, where is the real simulation part? Graphics are amazing on some things, they fail on others. But the real meaning of this simulator is flying and technically, many planes have still problems. So flying around on a beautiful virtual planet with buggy airplanes, how much fun can offer this situation from now to the future?

Like many of us prefer, probably is better to slow down with all these and not 100% successful graphic improvements and fix all the technical issues of this game.

If we continue like this, the quantity of unfinished and buggy stuff will be enormous one day and more difficult to fix.

That’s because despite being a mess at launch, FSX was largely left ALONE by the developers. The community (plus the odd patch from MS) addressed most of the glaring issues, and we ended up with one of the most complete sims ever.

The constant untested updates from Asobo are not just reversing everything we do to make things right, but they are seriously screwing-over the 3rd party developers actually trying to bring new quality aircraft to this sim.

Everyone complaining about complainers and defending Asobo, guess how this all gets solved?

By Asobo actually testing stuff before releasing it and having some sense of respect for consumers and pride in their product. drops mic turns off notifications

7 Likes

I get the impression that the OP is exasperated more than anything. And I agree. I’m also tired of this merry-go-around, and I can imagine how they must feel.

Most everyone here wants a great platform - And the discourse is frustrating no matter where you stand.

But as someone else pointed out a few days ago in another thread, many of us are not just figuratively stuck inside our homes, but literally; houses, apartments, condos, tents, lean-tos, whatever; and everyone has all manner of restrictions placed on them; This just increases the tension. It’s akin to being in the space station or locked in a box. It takes an enormous amount of grace, introspection, patience and calm to live in isolation day after day after day.

People are wound up like garage door springs.

Its actually great if you’ve held out this long and only manage to sprout a few gray hairs; Good on you for that - It’s important to remember though that patience doesn’t need wrapped up with a selective double-standard about whom you grace it with. We can (and should try to) be patient with people even when we don’t agree with their position.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with consumers complaining about the state of this consumer product. This orwellian narrative that big companies like Microsoft. et. al. want to be your pen-pals and have your best interests in mind, and who you’d let take your dog is naive.

Most corporations (but not all) are not structured in a way that creates good incentives to do the right thing by consumers. Whether that is supporting right-to-repair, eliminating onerous DRM, or generally protecting consumer rights. And the gaming industry is a perfect example of this. The conglomerates that are swallowing up the industry do not care about you, your cat, or anything else but your wallet. They want to sell you loot boxes, have you test their alpha games for free, and shove a subscription model right down your throat.

TLDR; Complaining is A-OK. We live in difficult times. Be nice to those you disagree with. Big companies like your shiney precious coins.

2 Likes

If that happens, then you’ll hear me complain.

Until then, I’m enjoying the ride.

:smile:

1 Like

car makers have shipped cars that have known faults that have killed people

Topic closed as it is not adding any constructive value.

4 Likes