Allow customers to review their bought addons

We all know the Marketplace can be fraught with issues when buying. We hover over the “buy” button, try to do some checking online, youtube etc to make sure what we want to buy is the standard of quality we should in fact be getting from a 3rd party Marketplace developer. (The Marketplace should be a safe haven where we can be sure of top quality vetted addons)

However, once you hit that button, there’s no going back, no refunds and you can be left feeling “ripped off” and there is no way to address your concerns (which should be a right) if you think the addon you bought is not to the standard you think it should be.

Microsoft seems not to care too much about this (which they should) I believe all addons should be vetted to make sure they are indeed up to MSFS 2020 standards, and at the very least the graphical presentation is on par with the default.

As a paying customer of several developers, some good some not so good, I should be able to publicly make known (if I want to) how I feel about the product I just bought. Because I have some really great addons, I want to let the developer and others who might be interested that the purchase is sound, the developer is on the ball and updates their addons regularly.

Also in some cases, people would want to let others know that the addon they just bought doesn’t live up to the standard of even default expectations, this also holds the 3rd party developer’s feet to the fire, and they might feel, as they should, it would be a good thing to upgrade their bad FSX ports with shockingly bad texture resolutions, to the modern norm expected in MSFS 2020, seeing as how we are keeping them in business with our money.

MICROSOFT consider this implementation because I have a few things to say about my purchases, good and not so good in a fair way to make my opinion known, Amazon has it, most web sites have it, but the Marketplace does not have it.

The Marketplace is not going in the right direction, this needs looking into as it’s still early days, and already the reputation of the Marketplace is in doubt, this is a sad day for all of us if the official marketplace is stained with a bad rep. GET IT SORTED!

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Written Marketplace Reviews

Please use the #self-service:wishlist subcategory when requesting changes or features. There is an existing topic of the same. I will merge your topic into it. Make sure you up vote that topic.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/written-marketplace-reviews/282770

Thank you.