Allow direct access to the marketplace for trusted 3rd parties

I posted this as a reply to an official post on the msfs reddit, but I’m not sure if that is read so I’m posting it again here.

I’d suggest to allow direct access to the market place for trusted 3rd parties so they can update their stuff any time whenever they want without needing to submit it to MS/Asobo first. The way it is now will always be too slow. Perhaps you can do a quality test on the initial release, but after that a patch should be instant.

100%

Having a middle man will definitely always slow the release process down which has no positive effect.

MS has already vetted the developer and original content at this point and giving the developer direct access is better for everyone. It’s easier for the dev to push quick fixes, better for the community who receives more personal and faster support and the icing on the cake is that it should save MS resources as it means less work for them.

3 Likes

It seems like there is too many steps just to download something that cost only $ 30.

I noticed that it takes a very long time until an update, e.g. of a scenery published both on other platforms and on the marketplace, takes a very long time.
Here I would like to speed up the process. What are the experiences of other users of the marketplace on this?
My plans are currently to only buy products from established developers with good support outside of the marketplace as DLC.

Greetings from CGN
Seagull aka Jens

Good idea. I support this. Especially for just updates once and if the base product was „agreed“ by ms anyway already. But still being 2 weeks behind with updates for some of my airports and eg the twin otter makes me really not use the ingame marketplace for new additions to my library

XBOX

YES we xbox users have to wait months for updates. Would help give me confidence in purchasing again.

Won’t happen. MS take their security very seriously. The Xbox is a controlled environment.