Allow to refund the game on PC after update 5 graphical downgrade

Yeah and now they lost all the confidence that was left…bad image damage is done

2 Likes

You can do a credit card charge back if you purchased it within 90 days. Other than that…you are out of luck.

Not sure on the first but I doubt the latter, defects on which they are currenty working on probably won’t be enough but if folk find that once all fixes are applied they still can’t start then they certainly have a case (although how much previous use they had might also come into play).

1 Like

THIS!!! I keep seeing so many complaints and so much negativity, but I don’t experience virtually any of the problems people seem to assume are happening to everyone. The fact is, they’re not happening to everyone, in fact I’d wager that there are many times the number of people who have no problems than the number that do, it’s just those who aren’t having issues don’t tend here to come here and complain.

They’re sitting at home enjoying the sim, which is probably what I should be doing but I seem to be masochistic and come here despite not having issues.

Then again, there is so much more to this forum than just support and complaining, so that does balance things out and make it worth it for me. But I worry that others will get fed up with the negativity and bail. And I’m certain it’s happened, as not everybody feels the need to announce they are leaving.

Or maybe I really am getting visited by Microsoft fairies in the middle of the night and they’re giving me a special stable version of the software that not everybody gets. But I don’t believe in fairies, so…

Kev

2 Likes

I agree to a point and noticed straight after it was know that setting to a low profile, applying it and then setting ultra again fixed most of it the numbers of complaint on here dropped off considerably but there’s always those that think they shouldn’t have to and nor should they have to edit the UserCfg.opt file to recover the higher LODs. And they are right, they shouldn’t have to … but it is what it is and at least Asobo/ MS have said that it will be addressed by the next update.

Lol @ the cattyness when two ladies show up in the same dress

… Aaand one of them brought a spare outfit

lol. :clown_face:

awfully spicy

Not noticing the downgrades doesn’t mean they didn’t occur. We’re all running the same sim. They happened to everyone.

1 Like

Some people do seem to get visited by Microsoft fairies. I’ve seen people post screenshots with the proof. Now myself I have noticed issues, mostly with the photogrammetry and Bing streaming, and the LOD issues. I’ve had varying issues with that since the beginning though. Had gotten worse, then better, then worse, over time. Doesn’t seem to have a rhyme or reason to it. I don’t think anyone really knows what is going on or what the issues seem to be, at least the issues that can be replicated by everyone. Some people seem to have no issues at all with photogrammetry streaming and can see objects all the way to the horizon. Not sure why they have no issues with it while I keep having issues. LOD set to 5 and still seems to load in late and terrain morphing that looks awful when it happens only 1-2nm away from your position.

1 Like

I bought a new high-end PC right before Update 5. I was running the sim in medium settings but with a good framerate. I finished setting up the new PC the same day the Update arrived. Now I have the same frame rate and graphics (like when playing in medium), but 2300€ less in my bank account.
I really hope the devs will restore the graphics settings so high-end PCs can benefit from it.

1 Like

Have you checked for other things other then computer and game? Have you checked your network, and dont just say I have a gig connection. The game is really sensitive to data being resent due to the receiving end not having the capacity to handle it.

You can check to see if this might be the case at dslreports.com speed test, it will tell you what your bufferbloat is, if you have a high bufferbloat then your game is gonna suffer tremendously. Of course if it worked before, and not now well this might be mute point but its still worth checking out.

I know this because it was just one of the issues that was causing poor performance and once I made the require changes to my setup WOW million times better. And hey Im not a fan boi I think running this game from a cloud is a very very bad idea. LOL

Yea I never had issues pre-SU5 and it’s not always an issue as far as the photogrammetry streaming. Like right now everything has been fine the past couple days. Seems to be worse on weekends and right after patches are released. Makes sense if it is just overloaded servers. LOD issues I have no idea about though, especially the terrain morphing. I’ve seen others posting about how bad it is and don’t think that is a bandwidth issue. Hopefully they can get fixed.

How come we are on the same build when it comes to the memory limits and graphics downgrade, but not on the same build that has DX12?

2 Likes

The LOD issues are easy to fix, just go into usercfg.opt file and change them between 5-10 in there, read only the file and now you have stuff as far as the eye can see. It works great and for most if not all theres no significant reduction in FPS.

wow that reqally explained how to do that!

Thank you so much for making this post!
I’ve been wondering what was wrong with MSFS2020 when I’ve been playing it lately.
I just did a google search to find out why the graphics look worse after the update and found this post. It’s not the same game at all. The photographic textures on buildings have gone and buildings keep popping in and out. Everything looks so terrible now! The photorealism has gone.

I’ve also noticed my RAM usage is a third of what it was before the update! Meaning less information is in the simulation now. And you can certainly tell!
This is unbelievable! I specifically upgraded my PC for this sim and it’s no longer pushing my PC to it’s upper limits like before.

I’ve just read the comment’s and I’m shocked to see that some people don’t notice the huge graphical downgrade? Are you playing in 4K with everything on Ultra settings?
It’s a huge downgrade for my RTX 3080, i9-9900K, 32 Gig Ram, M.2 SSD.
Almost everything rendered in the 3D world looks worse. It’s lost the sharpness and fidelity it used to have in the textures. It’s like everything is on low settings now. I have video’s that show how good it looked before as I’m sure many people do. I bought the most expensive version and now I feel conned.

3 Likes

I like to get my money back.
Since SU5, i cannot fly anymore.
This is a broken game.

You need to open a ticket with Microsoft support. The forum cannot refund you.

Exactly that is, why its a shame for asobo.
They are the developer, they have made this bad decision, they have the shame.

No, its asobo. They did this bad move!

If your boss told you to work 9h a day, you ll do this…, really?