Allow to refund the game on PC after update 5 graphical downgrade

I think a refund will be impossible but of course i‘m not happy as well!
I spent a lot of money for my new gaming PC as a lot of other users have done!

I don‘t know if i will wait or if i will go back to P3D v5…

Please ASOBO do something….

I guarantee not one of you would take a refund if it also stops you for repurchasing at a later stage once they have sorted out their problems. Not a single one of you!

5 Likes

This is dumb logic. Say you go to a restaurant and order a large pepperoni pizza. It arrives at your table and looks great! Then the chef arrives and takes all the pepperoni away and half the cheese. You’d also be complaining for a refund too right? Same principle applies here. I too bought the game last year and it looked amazing. I come back after nearly a year and the game looks complete trash and performs worse.

7 Likes

Why would it stop us from repurchasing, it doesn’t make sense. And sure, after the refund - if the graphical quality would be back at PC levels and would stay there, I would buy it. I just don’t think that it was money spent well, looking at the downgrade and xbox priority - if I would knew earlier about this, I would not buy it.

3 Likes

Then ask for a refund!

1 Like

That’s not the right example. You already ate that pizza, you have no right for refund.

4 Likes

The Entitlement here :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

It will get fixed. Just learn a little skill. It’s called Patience…

12 Likes

Reimbursement

Well i believe a refund will never be granted.

A better way forward is to roll back to previous version. Set the game on hold, apologize to the users, take all necessary time to investigate where it got wrong. And only when the core game is stable and thoroughly tested go forward again with updates.

2 Likes

Umm no I haven’t! A piece of software is not a consumable dude. Once you have paid for it, it needs to conform to at least the standard it was advertised at. Just go to trading standards if they don’t issue a refund, say the game isn’t fit for purpose and not as advertised which it isn’t. You’ll 100% get a refund if you do that.

2 Likes

A painting would be a better example - we bought a pretty looking painting. After some time the author came to our house and made it worse.

27 Likes

You know I’m close to where those paintings are, Ecce Homo de Borja

2 Likes

Why would they even need to have two different versions? Basically all they need to do is add higher graphical settings for the PC version and then everyone will be happy. Thats really literally all they need to do and they have said numerous times now they’re going to do just that.

With where we are now its a shame they couldn’t have done that right from the launch of SU5 and then none of this fuss would be happening. It does make sense though that they wanted to get this update out there and working bug free before they start adding in extra layers of eye candy for the PC version. If you were Asobo would you not think that? I would. It makes sense

I do think there’s an element of people disappearing down a rabbit hole with these graphical downgrade complaints. I play at 4K on a huge monitor on ultra and I can’t say I overly notice a big visual downgrade. Has there been some downgrade? Quite possibly but its not huge and I’m happy to wait until Asobo deliver on those higher settings promise.

3 Likes

As soon as I play it or watch a YT video I can see close range buildings changing randomly - whether its lighting or texture I dont know - but its so obvious and distracting,

They’re so proud of reducing memory requirements but when we’ve invested in 32GB RAM it may as well all be used. I cant believe how hard it is to get Ultra settings at 4K even with a top Ampere GPU.

1 Like

Only that the game is working and you’ve played it. Refund window is 2 hours/2weeks. Why didn’t you refund? You were happy with it? No one’s gonna refund a working product which works as advertised.

1 Like

You’re quite slow, aren’t you? I didn’t refund because it looked great - then.

6 Likes

When there are only hardcore simmers left MS will abandon it just as they did with FSX.

1 Like

The game is designed to run on a gtx770, i doubt the Xbox release has anything to do with perceived downgrades.

2 Likes

In my opinion some aspects are reversible:

However, we don’t know what they really changed, so please understand if some people are still disappointing with the graphics. They shall have the right to tell it. But these people that want invest time for their own settings, might be lucky to give it a try!

1 Like

I think that depends on why and how you ask for a refund … Steam issued mine without argument after 3 weeks. I now use the store version.